The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

That's where I'm leaning right now. Although with Google's privacy issues I may be more inclined for Hulu (not that it probably matters really).
We already have a Hulu account so that would make it a pretty easy transition

We already have a Hulu account so that would make it a pretty easy transition
Same here. I'm pretty sure the channel lineup is similar (from my limited research), and Hulu is $5 cheaper. I may just end up using a free trial with both and see which I like better.

Reactions: vader
It was great when it first started. They've started raising prices and cutting channels. It's not worth it at this point IMO. There are better options
I liked PSVue and then YouTubeTv (more than PSVue). But, I got them mainly for the SEC network. And, I only watch college football. So, now I get all my content from OTA, Netflix and couple of "family" subs to Hulu and Showtime (which has almost no content I'm interested in. Oh, and Amazon Prime is still a great deal. Don't forget to load Pluto TV. Come fall, I'll go back to Sling until after we go to the Sugar Bowl and then cancel.

I laugh when Spectrum sends their monthly "10 channels for 24.99 (+fees and taxes)" letter. They don't have ten channels I would watch!

It was great when it first started. They've started raising prices and cutting channels. It's not worth it at this point IMO. There are better options
I've moved to Hulu. DTVNow just got to clunky for me and like you said, the price started creeping upwaRd. Plus, I can now get local stations

I've moved to Hulu. DTVNow just got to clunky for me and like you said, the price started creeping upward
Same. I also have AT&T Watch TV (included with my wireless)

The only thing missing really is Nick Jr. YouTube doesn’t have it either (Sling does, and the $40 for orange and blue isn’t a bad deal).

Wish we could join the cord cutting but we live in the country and our internet sucks! It would never work for us sadly.

Was that a special promotion? Are you with ATT for your wireless?

We are going to give Hulu a spin when we get back from the beach.
It was at the time for unlimited plus and more (I also chose HBO as my free premium service).

Was that a special promotion? Are you with ATT for your wireless?

We are going to give Hulu a spin when we get back from the beach.
I got sick og DirectTv Now and switched to Sling. I've loved it so far.

I got sick og DirectTv Now and switched to Sling. I've loved it so far.
I already got rid of Hulu TV lol. Went to Sling as I need Nick Jr (was going to do a work around. Comcast, who the MiL has, doesn't have an agreement to stream Nick Jr though). First month is only $30 for orange+blue as well.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I already got rid of Hulu TV lol. Went to Sling as I need Nick Jr (was going to do a work around. Comcast, who the MiL has, doesn't have an agreement to stream Nick Jr though). First month is only $30 for orange+blue as well.
It's weird how nobody has all the Nick channels. Even sling doesn't have Nick proper.

So far so good with Sling. It's actually negated the apps for the kids (Disney Jr, Nick Jr.) as you can just pull it up on demand through Sling.

VN Store

Back