The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

The thing about cord cutting is the cable companies at least are just jacking up the cost of their internet prices. Charter constantly reminds me of all of the discounts I get on internet by having video and gasp, a phone.

just had to throw a few more bucks at Vue to get NFL network. Nice thing is I can axe it when necessary. Still hella cheap compared to DTV regular service

just had to throw a few more bucks at Vue to get NFL network. Nice thing is I can axe it when necessary. Still hella cheap compared to DTV regular service

Was back in your neck of the woods last weekend. UAB campus has changed since I left, looks great - the legacy pavilion was pretty cool. Looking forward to them getting a stadium.

Was back in your neck of the woods last weekend. UAB campus has changed since I left, looks great - the legacy pavilion was pretty cool. Looking forward to them getting a stadium.

thanks - looks like the uptown stadium project is on hold so probably going to be a while before anything happens there.

UAB has definitely changed for the better in the 18 years I've been here. We (Business) are getting a new building right near the football complex - should be ready next Summer.

thanks - looks like the uptown stadium project is on hold so probably going to be a while before anything happens there.

UAB has definitely changed for the better in the 18 years I've been here. We (Business) are getting a new building right near the football complex - should be ready next Summer.

I was there when the intramural football changed over - got a chance to go into the new Hill university center briefly too. The rec center was just being completed when I graduated, incredible. Had my fill of BBQ at Dreamland and Jim & Nicks too. Was good to be back.

Anyone tried these with a VPN? Now that we are in Peru I think this could be our only option

Anyone tried these with a VPN? Now that we are in Peru I think this could be our only option

I haven't but many of the cord cutting forums on reddit talk about them. Frankly, I think you only need one if you plan on using Kodi to stream.

The only issue is it being a little sluggish with the guide and scrolling through. Outside of that, I cant tell a difference between it and my Fire TV.

I couldn't justify the 90 bucks for a regular Fire for my bedroom but this convinced me to get the stick. Works well enough for that application.

Thanks

I thought the point of cord cutting was that prices were getting ridiculous and people weren't watching TV as much...some of these packages ain't much different...

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the point of cord cutting was that prices were getting ridiculous and people weren't watching TV as much...some of these packages ain't much different...

I dunno. I was paying like $160+ for Dish & Internet. I'm paying half of that now and get all of the same stuff.

I was paying over $220 a month for directv and internet. I pay $100 now.

Was paying 140 for DTV alone - 3 TVs, HD, DVR, local channels, taxes, fees. The programming was about 80.

With Vue, I'm getting virtually the same programming for 40 and no other fees for anything and can stop at any time.

Spent 160 in devices to access (Fire and antenna) it so the payback was just over two months.

Outside of Sportsdevil - anyone have a good option for the Mayweather/McGregor fight tonight?

Al;so picked up another great live TV option for those interested, Ignite TV for Kodi. If anyone is interested, I'll send the repo and addon info.

Outside of Sportsdevil - anyone have a good option for the Mayweather/McGregor fight tonight?

Al;so picked up another great live TV option for those interested, Ignite TV for Kodi. If anyone is interested, I'll send the repo and addon info.

Fight is tomorrow night.

Fight is tomorrow night.

I'm aware, which is why I'm was asking if anyone knew of any good options aside from Sportsdevil.

NM though, I've looked it up and that seems to be the best option.

I'm aware, which is why I'm was asking if anyone knew of any good options aside from Sportsdevil.

NM though, I've looked it up and that seems to be the best option.

Your op said fight for tonight, but regardless of that, yes Sportsdevil is the best app.

My roommates and I already don't have cable, satellite, just streaming services, but I'm going to buy a digital antenna for local channels to watch games that aren't always on the streaming services like watch ESPN, NBC sports, etc

Anybody have any they recommend (preferably <=$30)?

If not, will just buy one off amazon with good reviews

Your op said fight for tonight, but regardless of that, yes Sportsdevil is the best app.

You're right, I misspoke. I'll try sportsdevil and hope for the best - though I feel like I should have a back up.

My roommates and I already don't have cable, satellite, just streaming services, but I'm going to buy a digital antenna for local channels to watch games that aren't always on the streaming services like watch ESPN, NBC sports, etc

Anybody have any they recommend (preferably <=$30)?

If not, will just buy one off amazon with good reviews

I bought this one and mounted it to the same post that the dish receiver was on. In fact, I used the same coax that plugged into the dish receiver. Works great.

I actually purchased this flat antenna first and it absolutely sucked.

Spend the extra scratch and get a proper antenna. The RCA antenna actually has better HD quality than Dish did.

I watched the whole fight card on periscope on my phone. Downloaded it for free last night, then watched. Cool.

VN Store

Back