The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

I should get some when I am in China next month. Maybe I can sell them and make some coin on his privilege. Naaaaah I don't want to be associated with that asshat in any form.

Eight Ole Miss players take knee during anthem

Eight players from the Ole Miss men's basketball team knelt during the national anthem before Saturday's home game against Georgia.
The reason for their action was not immediately known, though the game was being played while two pro-Confederate groups marched toward the Oxford campus.

According to the Clarion-Ledger, the groups were protesting "Ole Miss' discontinuation of Colonel Reb as its mascot and other efforts the university has taken to distance itself from Confederate heritage."

Eight Ole Miss players take knee during anthem

Eight players from the Ole Miss men's basketball team knelt during the national anthem before Saturday's home game against Georgia.
The reason for their action was not immediately known, though the game was being played while two pro-Confederate groups marched toward the Oxford campus.

According to the Clarion-Ledger, the groups were protesting "Ole Miss' discontinuation of Colonel Reb as its mascot and other efforts the university has taken to distance itself from Confederate heritage."

The 8 basketball players and the pro-Confederate groups marching outside have far bigger things to concern themselves with than Colonel Reb...

Nike dropped Betsy Ross-themed Fourth of July sneaker after Colin Kaepernick complained, report says

694940094001_6002751979001_6002755530001-vs.jpg

Just don’t do it.

That was the message ex-NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick delivered to Nike over the planned release of a USA-themed sneaker, which featured a Betsy Ross flag on the heel, according to a report.

Nike nixed the released of the Air Max 1 USA after having already sent the sneakers to retailers because the protesting quarterback said he felt the use of the Betsy Ross flag was offensive and carried slavery connotations, sources told The Wall Street Journal.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal’s report stated: “After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery.”

Nike dropped Betsy Ross-themed Fourth of July sneaker after Colin Kaepernick complained, report says

VN Store

Back