The Tennessee Ballinteers

I know I’m biased, but I find it hard to believe we’re the 9th best roster in this tournament. Tough first game against Purdue but I don’t think there are 8 better teams.
That is just 9th best in their region. At best, the organizers think they are the 33rd best team out of the 64-team field.

Too bad we couldn’t have a lineup with Bone, Turner, Bowden, Schofield and Alexander. That would be fun.

McRae and Stokes too. Kevin Punter.

The current roster outside of Turner and Bowden are old men.

Too bad we couldn’t have a lineup with Bone, Turner, Bowden, Schofield and Alexander. That would be fun.

McRae and Stokes too. Kevin Punter.

The current roster outside of Turner and Bowden are old men.

Lofton not that old & still plays pro. But yah where are those others you mentioned

I know I’m biased, but I find it hard to believe we’re the 9th best roster in this tournament. Tough first game against Purdue but I don’t think there are 8 better teams.
Our team would have been really good 5-7 years ago. But our youngest player has old man shoulders, and the rest are pushing mid-30's. Hopefully Lofton and JaJuan are draining 3's, because we don't have anybody over 6'9 to match the multiple 7'0+ trees Purdue will throw at us.

Our team would have been really good 5-7 years ago. But our youngest player has old man shoulders, and the rest are pushing mid-30's. Hopefully Lofton and JaJuan are draining 3's, because we don't have anybody over 6'9 to match the multiple 7'0+ trees Purdue will throw at us.
John Fields
190768_1602000087.png

Reactions: volz2wallz
John Fields
190768_1602000087.png
TBT roster lists him at 6'9. Looks like he's had a pretty successful int'l career compared to what he did at UT. He's a big dude, no doubt, so maybe his girth alone will give Haas and Hammons some trouble. And Chism is one of my favorite all-time Vols, so don't think I'm knocking him. I'm excited to see these guys play since I haven't really seen any of them play in over a decade.

Fields is a dramatically different player than he was at UT and should surprise a lot of people.

Haas won't be able to guard Chism if his 3 ball is hitting, so our (lack of) size should be an advantage as well. Also, Bowden is playing. Good chance he's one of the best players in the tourney. A potential Turner v Craft matchup in the second round should be fun.

I understand why Bone, Admiral etc aren't risking injury to play but I wish Punter/ Stokes were at least playing.

Last edited:
Love this team but I think if you take off your big orange blinders you see a lot to be desired. The best players are likely on the tail end of their overseas careers. Turner if healthy is a good guard and Bowden is solid but the best teams in this tourney are younger and deeper then the Bawls.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Love this team but I think if you take off your big orange blinders you see a lot to be desired. The best players are likely on the tail end of their overseas careers. Turner if healthy is a good guard and Bowden is solid but the best teams in this tourney are younger and deeper then the Bawls.
A big advantage we have is our team is actually comprised of all UT players. We should have more chemistry than most of the teams. Youth would be more relevant if this was a full on season.

A big advantage we have is our team is actually comprised of all UT players. We should have more chemistry than most of the teams. Youth would be more relevant if this was a full on season.
I hope your right but it has been 12 or 13 years since Lofton played with Chism and the others. He never played with Turner or Bowden. Not sure just because they all wore orange that there will be any more chemistry then any other team put together around the same time.

Stings that McRae is playing with the Georgia Kingz instead of playing with us…ouch…

I wonder if McRae has issues with university. I know he was pretty outspoken about the Counzo stuff. Still is. Don’t see as much UT stuff on his timeline either. Just speculation though no clue if he does have an issue or not.

VN Store

Back