The Tennessee Ballinteers

I wonder if McRae has issues with university. I know he was pretty outspoken about the Counzo stuff. Still is. Donā€™t see as much UT stuff on his timeline either. Just speculation though no clue if he does have an issue or not.
He was but I recall that heā€™s still been back to support the program since then. I donā€™t actually read much into him not playing in a tourney like this.

I wonder if McRae has issues with university. I know he was pretty outspoken about the Counzo stuff. Still is. Donā€™t see as much UT stuff on his timeline either. Just speculation though no clue if he does have an issue or not.

Heā€™s never been one to hang out with the triple digit IQ crowd.

So that makes him "dumb as a rock" because he thought his coach was facing racism (even if it wasn't true)?

Look at his history commenting on Lamonte Turner and some of his takes about Pearlā€™s past players and this take about McRae being ā€œdumbā€ isnā€™t surprising.

Iā€™m 90% sure McRae was at the alumni game in Knoxville if Iā€™m not mistaken. Loved Jordyā€™s game. In a different offense he could have put up crazy numbers.

McRae will always have a soft spot in my heart. Played pick up against him at Trecs once and I blocked his shot off the backboard. One of the best plays I've ever had. (He then proceeded to score the next 8 points including the game winner on me but I generally leave that part out of the story when telling it in person.)

Reactions: zjcvols
Look at his history commenting on Lamonte Turner and some of his takes about Pearlā€™s past players and this take about McRae being ā€œdumbā€ isnā€™t surprising.

Your shot at me isnā€™t surprising either. Iā€™m actually giving JMc an excuse for throwing his TN BB program and the vast majority of the fans that heā€™s incorrectly made false generalizations about under the bus. Cuonzo on the other hand canā€™t be accused of being the dimmest bulb in the drawer.

And BTW, many of Pearlā€™s past players made bad decisions and Turner did quit. He had an injury, but he still quit.

Your shot at me isnā€™t surprising either. Iā€™m actually giving JMc an excuse for throwing his TN BB program and the vast majority of the fans that heā€™s incorrectly made false generalizations about under the bus. Cuonzo on the other hand canā€™t be accused of being the dimmest bulb in the drawer.

And BTW, many of Pearlā€™s past players made bad decisions and Turner did quit. He had an injury, but he still quit.

Quitting implies he left the team for reasons that were because he was mad, upset or didnā€™t want to play anymore. He couldnā€™t physically play any more and decided to focus on his health. Thatā€™s not quitting. Itā€™s an unnecessary shot to say he quit.

Quitting implies he left the team for reasons that were because he was mad, upset or didnā€™t want to play anymore. He couldnā€™t physically play any more and decided to focus on his health. Thatā€™s not quitting. Itā€™s an unnecessary shot to say he quit.

He didnā€™t handle it very well. Might have been a good idea to let his coaches know about his ā€œdepartureā€ before telling the media. Seems like he left town right away rather than participating in team activities other than practice (although he did make it back before the season ran out). Sorry, not sorry that you are triggered by the word quit for a player that quit playing.

Now do Pearlā€™s knuckleheads.

"Can't treat people any kind of way and expect good in return" is a far cry from generally throwing the university and its fans under the bus. Even if you disagree with the message, reasonable people are not going to interpret that as malicious, a betrayal, or dumbness. For a guy that touts SEC tournament finals appearances, I'm shocked you have any ill words for one of the best guards UT has ever had over something so inconsequential to UT.

He didnā€™t handle it very well. Might have been a good idea to let his coaches know about his ā€œdepartureā€ before telling the media. Seems like he left town right away rather than participating in team activities other than practice (although he did make it back before the season ran out). Sorry, not sorry that you are triggered by the word quit for a player that quit playing.

Now do Pearlā€™s knuckleheads.

Because youā€™re being disingenuous saying he quit, especially a couple weeks ago when you said he quit and didnā€™t even state he was injured. He was injured and couldnā€™t play anymore. He was clearly injured. Had he been healthy he would have played. He probably shouldnā€™t have been playing to begin with but gutted out. Had he not played at all that year and not gutted it out for the first 11 games, Tennessee would have had a losing record.

Reactions: Volprofch05
"Can't treat people any kind of way and expect good in return" is a far cry from generally throwing the university and its fans under the bus. Even if you disagree with the message, reasonable people are not going to interpret that as malicious, a betrayal, or dumbness. For a guy that touts SEC tournament finals appearances, I'm shocked you have any ill words for one of the best guards UT has ever had over something so inconsequential to UT.

I posted an opinion on why he made unfortunate, dumb tweets. You shouldnā€™t be so triggered like you are whether my comments are positive or negative.

I wouldnā€™t describe anything around Cuonzoā€™s **** show exit as inconsequential.

VN Store

Back