The Sub Sandwich Hierarchy

OM
Boarshead
D&W
All make processed meat, whether you buy it in the package off the peg or from the deli

Does anyone remember a place just off of a Cumberland Ave. I think it may have been on 18th or 19th. They had the best pressed sandwiches. May have been owned by some Greeks. My dad and I would stop in there before games. This was back in the mid to late 70's. Might still be there, have no clue, I moved out of Knoxville in 1980.

Italian roast beef, jalapeno Muenster, horseradish sauce and roasted pepper hulls on ciabatta bread.

I'm a *******ned genius.

God level: Togo's
It's a Nothern Californian chain. But the #9 hot pastrami is the best.

Good:
Firehouse
Lenny's
Sheetz, if you don't want to talk to anyone.
Subs in such
Sub Station in Charleston, 25-50% discount for military.
Blimpy

Bad:
Subway

Substation is ok

When I was at Ft Stewart there was a sub shop, Robin Hood I think it was. I always liked those subs.

Does anyone remember a place just off of a Cumberland Ave. I think it may have been on 18th or 19th. They had the best pressed sandwiches. May have been owned by some Greeks. My dad and I would stop in there before games. This was back in the mid to late 70's. Might still be there, have no clue, I moved out of Knoxville in 1980.

Sam n Andys

I must be getting trolled with al the love for Lenny's on here. Average to below average at very best. It's all very bland and flavorless.

Jimmy Johns is horrendous. As stated earlier, bread with mayonnaise. I'm not sure how many other ingredients were in it because I was swimming in the mayo.

Firehouse is top dog. Best sandwich around hands down.

I must be getting trolled with al the love for Lenny's on here. Average to below average at very best. It's all very bland and flavorless.

Jimmy Johns is horrendous. As stated earlier, bread with mayonnaise. I'm not sure how many other ingredients were in it because I was swimming in the mayo.

Try the Lenny's on Gay Street. They do a great job. Usually have 4 to 6 people there, so it's not one person trying to do everything.

Reactions: 1 person

ask for less mayo.

firehouse takes too long but i might be willing to give it another shot.

My only options over here are firehouse and subway.

Subway is terrible compared to firehouse. The last 2 years we cater our games (vols) with firehouse every Saturday.

Just had a publix sub. Brilliant! I may put it in firehouse tier. $8.99 is a bit $$$.

I like Publix subs. I usually get the Italian sub with boar's head, provolone, oregano, parmesan, onion and black olives.

VN Store

Back