The WRASSLIN’ Thread

It's more like a petty move, and im still a WWE fan.
I still watch the NXTs and 205. I watch the main roster PPVs, but I don't watch Raw or Smackdown anymore. It's not that I dislike WWE overall. It just seems like AEW is going in at just the right time too establish themselves as a real competitor. I can't ever remember them scheduling things against TNA like this, even when they had a wider audience, and some star power on Spike. I would understand putting NXT or UK up against it. But, thus is just odd.

On a side note New Japan seems to be trying to make inroads in the US. They're probably my favorite show right now. I recently got Sling TV, and they have a channel that airs it. It seems like the days of no real competition for WWE may be over.

I have to say this has peaked my interest. Maybe he can also let HHH have more say in creative as well.
I'm kind of surprised HHH wasn't tapped for one of those jobs. Isn't this basically what he is doing for NXT?

Last edited:
Also possible that he doesn't need to get a different title? They could just shift some specific responsibility his way without impacting titles at all.

Maybe he was asked and he thought he was to busy with NXT and his other responsibilities with the company.
Could be, he is COO. So it could also be he has enough on his plate. It just seems like ignoring the guy who is putting out the best show in WWE is a very Vince thing to do. I liked the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era as much as anyone and I get hiring Heyman. But Bischoff again, really? The last thing he did was a run in Impact, and it was a disaster.

Hasn't
HHH turned down the Smackdown position and besides Heyman and Bischoff aren't going to have any real power.
I hadn't heard that. I wonder what the point of the position is then? The articles I've read have said it's primarily creative.

Hasn't

I hadn't heard that. I wonder what the point of the position is then? The articles I've read have said it's primarily creative.
Bischoff is mainly going to be dealing with the Fox executives. Vince has made hires like this in the past and was supposed to take a step back creatively but he never does.

I just hope they both get occasional on-screen appearances. We all know how great Heyman is on the mic and Bischoff isn't bad either plus he has that smarmy attitude everyone loves to hate.

So I finally seen on Twitter that AEW is taking heat over Cody Rhodes taking chair shot last night.

ECW wouldn't work in today's woke society.

I could see Bishoff and Heyman being GMs for a while just to get pop

Much like Vince I think Eric’s best days are behind him and this is an effort to match AEW creatively

Some reports out there & Meltzer suggesting WWE will be transitioning away from a PG product to attract more teenagers/young adults. Hope it’s true!

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back