The Sky Isnt Falling!!

Hunter is ok i think. He just needs to get hit a few times. The offense will go as Tyler Bray goes. He's the key there. They have enough receivers to run routes and catch passes.

It's also the best team State has had in years and they are coming off 8 wins, and we are coming off a game in which we quit against an sec opponent we killed for 26 years. We don't have experience and depth at every position, that is flat out wrong. We are woefully thin at LB, oour backs are unproven at best, and we're counting on a guy that's coming off major knee surgery and one that hasn't played a down of SEC football to catch passes for us. Oh, and we're being led buy a guy who hasn't beaten a decent team since he began coaching.

But we're all hopeful, aren't we?

Hate to say it but this is right. A whole lot to prove Friday. I'll be watching and praying for a big win but could be a long night. Something in me says I think this team knows how very important this year is.

Reactions: 1 person
Big Dan McCullers said 1 thing today that got me pumped "i like to sack the quarterback" then Sentimore said "They have a average QB and WRs".

McCullers reminds me of the guy in the football joke that tackles the whole team and throws players out till he gets to the one that has the ball!:)

Oh, and we're being led buy a guy who hasn't beaten a decent team since he began coaching.

But we're all hopeful, aren't we?

Vandy was a decent team. Cincy was a decent team.

I think you meant hasn't beaten a good team. But he's beaten LSU and UNC, so...

I just wish PosiVols would tone the enthusiasm down a bit. We haven't won anything of significance in 3 or 4yrs. Why blow-up expectations to unreasonable proprotions. The NCST game ISN'T a gimme. God forbid we win that game, this website might just meltdown.

Where are all the rational people in the middle. This place seems to have only 2 types of fans: Folks "Walkin' on Sunshine" or looking to "Shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die."

Da'Rick Rogers is gone Yes but we have a stable of WR talent we'll be fine as long as, JH stays healthy and CP stays healthy, and is AT LEAST HALF, as good as advertised. LaTroy Lewis is hurt Yes BUT we have W. Bohannon, Jordan Williams, Fugate, Sapp and Crump! we are fine! we beat NC ST (NC ST 17 TENNESSEE 31) Go Vols!!!! 4 MORE DAYS!!! :popcorn:

Starting the cocktails early huh?

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I believe they can be great, but this is also the team that just didn't care last year. I'll wait until they can prove to play like I know they can before I get excited. But for the love of god Friday can't get here fast enough.

Tell me about it!:blink:

I just wish PosiVols would tone the enthusiasm down a bit. We haven't won anything of significance in 3 or 4yrs. Why blow-up expectations to unreasonable proprotions. The NCST game ISN'T a gimme. God forbid we win that game, this website might just meltdown.

Where are all the rational people in the middle. This place seems to have only 2 types of fans: Folks "Walkin' on Sunshine" or looking to "Shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die."

You're getting it now. Ying Yang, black white, liberal conservative etc

i expect a crow thread from you as well.

We will know after the first quarter how good this team will be. Will they have the swagger and intensity that comes with confidence in their abilities? Will they overcome the adversities that will no doubt come their way? These are the signs of the quality ofthe character of this team. Here's to hoping we see a lot of this.

We can't afford many more injuries at this point

You may want to turn off your TV when we play then. It's going to happen. Happens to everyteam. Even with the injuries we have we are better off at almost every position right now as opposed to last year. Da'Rick and Clear were the two biggest players we lost, up to this point. The LB core is thin but we have a solid, generally healthy, group of starters and some slightly less talented backups. Every thing will look better after Friday night.

We will know after the first quarter how good this team will be. Will they have the swagger and intensity that comes with confidence in their abilities? Will they overcome the adversities that will no doubt come their way? These are the signs of the quality ofthe character of this team. Here's to hoping we see a lot of this.

Da'Rick had the most swagger on the team so it will be hard to get that back

You may want to turn off your TV when we play then. It's going to happen. Happens to everyteam. Even with the injuries we have we are better off at almost every position right now as opposed to last year. Da'Rick and Clear were the two biggest players we lost, up to this point. The LB core is thin but we have a solid, generally healthy, group of starters and some slightly less talented backups. Every thing will look better after Friday night.

I hope you're right :popcorn: can't wait, 4 more days!

I honestly dont know why people are bashing us so badly this is my first post by the way go vols!!!! but who, what, and why are the reasons they will beat us because they have a decent but secondary with numbers that lie considering the comp they had. they beat clemson without watkins. Who have they beat or dominated to say they will win and last i checked they lost all their lbs and play makers from last yr. Dnt run the ball well either we didnt but considering just about 60% of the defenses we played were top 25 last yr i think we deserve a break

Last edited:

VN Store

Back