The shut down thread

Why would they be the enemy of the people? What would be the end goal?

Because most "journalists" are twisted liberals who hate our republic as it stands. It's nothing new. Read enough about Viet Nam and you'll find thoughts about collusion between Uncle Ho and Uncle Walter (Cronkite) ... and that's just the way it is.

Reactions: tumscalcium
Because most "journalists" are twisted liberals who hate our republic as it stands. It's nothing new. Read enough about Viet Nam and you'll find thoughts about collusion between Uncle Ho and Uncle Walter (Cronkite) ... and that's just the way it is.
Good lord

It's setting a bad precedent (there will eventually be a Democrat in the White House again, who will now be able to declare a national emergency over a whim - such as climate change) and what was gained over this? An extra 100 miles of fencing? Maybe? This is horrible leadership by Trump.
Climate change national emergency. You want to watch the economy tank right before your eyes, bring that one on.

lulz.

Reactions: AM64

You probably have no idea how looney you sound. I served in Vietnam and know quite a bit about how things went down. I have never once in my life heard heard anything as ridiculous as what you just posted.

You're "journalists are twisted liberals" statement is just as dumb. Please remove your head from your rear end.

Sure it does. All of it.

Hey, you just have to use blue ink sometimes. Some of the other guys don't recognize cynicism. After all they do actually believe what their "leaders" tell them ... that nothing (and especially nothing bad) comes across the open range ... completely ignoring that you don't know what you don't know and you have to look to find something.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
You probably have no idea how looney you sound. I served in Vietnam and know quite a bit about how things went down. I have never once in my life heard heard anything as ridiculous as what you just posted.

You're "journalists are twisted liberals" statement is just as dumb. Please remove your head from your rear end.

Was Tet a win or a loss?

Do you think that the allegation of collusion between Trump and the Russian government is ridiculous? Even when told that the whole thing started with a nutty "investigation" paid for by the Clinton camp?

Was Tet a win or a loss?

It was similar to every other engagement of the war. We beat them back, inflicted more casualties and generally won the day. But Tet demonstrated in spite of our massive military superiority they weren't defeated, weren't going to quit and anything not wrapped in concertina wire and many things that were wasn't beyond their reach. It was generally demoralizing for those who claimed we were winning.

It was similar to every other engagement of the war. We beat them back, inflicted more casualties and generally won the day. But Tet demonstrated in spite of our massive military superiority they weren't defeated, weren't going to quit and anything not wrapped in concertina wire and many things that were wasn't beyond their reach. It was generally demoralizing for those who claimed we were winning.

If you win militarily and yet lose politically do you not question the reporting. Particularly when the press labeled it a turning point?

As with many other places, we probably shouldn't have been there, but our big problem started with an idiot named LBJ and his bean counting moron running a war and their dishonesty about it ... to themselves and to the country.

If you win militarily and yet lose politically do you not question the reporting. Particularly when the press labeled it a turning point?

As with many other places, we probably shouldn't have been there, but our big problem started with an idiot named LBJ and his bean counting moron running a war and their dishonesty about it ... to themselves and to the country.

Wish I could like this more than once.

But we weren't winning militarily. We were winning battles, nearly every one, but they were winning the war. The press especially Cronkite pointed it out. Of course the press was questioned, but it turns out they got it right.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back