The shut down thread

That's when this country will be burnt down.

Hopefully before that happens someone will realize the need and determine how to rein in the judicial branch. They have been acting beyond their scope for a long time now ... almost like our own dictatorship ... perhaps they need hoods to go with the black robes.

Last edited:
Now he should use an overreaching piece of legislation to overreach because of a war the US started and can't figure how to back out of without looking stupid? That's your suggestion?

The patriot act was/is a piece of garbage, but your side had eight years to wind it down and only expanded its use. I suggest using it for something that actually does more to protect this country.

Reactions: davethevol
The patriot act was/is a piece of garbage, but your side had eight years to wind it down and only expanded its use. I suggest using it for something that actually does more to protect this country.
"My side" expanded nothing. It shouldn't be used it should be repealed and DHS shut down

None of these declared emergencies involved the President of the United States spending money that had not been specifically appropriated by Congress.
Syria
Libya
Yemen, was that ever a thing?
Sudan
I could probably go on.

This isn't about money specifically appropriated by Congress. Plenty of rouge expenditures go on, and never get mentioned.

Syria
Libya
Yemen, was that ever a thing?
Sudan
I could probably go on.

This isn't about money specifically appropriated by Congress. Plenty of rouge expenditures go on, and never get mentioned.
That's exactly what this is about. Congress holds the purse strings and Trump is trying to usurp that for political purposes. It's an abuse of power.

That's exactly what this is about. Congress holds the purse strings and Trump is trying to usurp that for political purposes. It's an abuse of power.
its an abuse of power. but no one cares about the money. If so we would have a near balanced budget, and spending would always be among the first things brought up.

If the total amount Trump got illegally was 1 dollar, the democrats would still care. if it was 500 billion the republicans still wouldn't care.

this is all political theater. heck even with the national emergency declared he hasn't spent a dime yet.

"My side" expanded nothing. It shouldn't be used it should be repealed and DHS shut down

I agree with you about DHS, but definitely not about the expansion during the Obama years. The patriot act was simply a federal power grab "justified" by using a preventable tragedy as an excuse. Preventable because our immigration policy is so lax no one has actually bothered to keep tabs on people who came here legally (especially those who overstay), and they sure haven't done anything about stopping illegals or keeping up with them. Keeping TSA's effectiveness in mind, it's doubtful that their searches would have kept the terrorists out of the cockpit anyway.

Congress does hold the purse strings. The administration is charged with running things. When congress ties funds to specific items and fails to leave discretionary funds available to the president, they effectively determine the administrative agenda ... generally not their scope.

what are you disagree with me about?I never claimed Obama didn't expand it I simply said it wasn't my side.

These days there appears to be only two sides, and from most of what you say, you, Dims, and libs aren't on my side.

"I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster." President Donald Trump

That quote will appear at the top of every law suit and it will haunt him. This is the best example I've seen yet as to how terrible he is off script... That was a bad admission. However you choose to define an "emergency", the words "I didn't need to do this" just don't fit.

Congress does hold the purse strings. The administration is charged with running things. When congress ties funds to specific items and fails to leave discretionary funds available to the president, they effectively determine the administrative agenda ... generally not their scope.

"I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster." President Donald Trump

That quote will appear at the top of every law suit and it will haunt him. This is the best example I've seen yet as to how terrible he is off script... That was a bad admission. However you choose to define an "emergency", the words "I didn't need to do this" just doesn't fit.
you should post this quote in more threads, 2 isn't enough

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

VN Store

Back