The Section 103 Postgame Report

hatvol96

1. A win is a win. At the end of the season, the team with the most ugly wins will be the SEC champion.
2. Downey got his points, but Tennessee did a decent job containing him.
3. Sad to see the return of Bizarro Wayne. Just when you think Chism is past performances of the atrocious kind, he fails to show up against a team he should have dominated.
4. Nice job by Brian Williams. He was aggressive and effective.
5. One would hope Scotty Hopson now knows the value of attacking the basket. It'll be interesting to see if he comes out Wednesday in Nashville with the same mentality.
6. I was impressed with Darrin Horn. With an extremely limited roster, he kept his team in the game and they never gave up.
7. The weight of carrying this team is beginning to show on Tyler Smith. He looked exhausted late in the game.
8. Cam Tatum's offensive game continues to evolve. Tennessee needs he and Hopson to combine for 34-36 per night.
9. Maybe I'm a little too old school, but if I'm Bruce Pearl and I look up and see JP Prince and Wayne Chism standing on the periphery of the huddle goofing off, I send them to the dressing room. If they don't think it's important to pay attention, I wouldn't consider their presence necessary.
10. I knew it would be a headache of a night when I saw Ted Valentine come on the floor. It still amazes me that he gets the work he does.

10. I knew it would be a headache of a night when I saw Ted Valentine come on the floor. It still amazes me that he gets the work he does.

I was shocked the other night to see him calling a big 10 game. I was not shocked at the crappy calls tonight, as that is what is expected with that crew, everytime.

I still don't think it was worse than Tues. night in the 1st half. I didn't think the official with the gray would have called a foul on UK if he had a gun to his head.

True Old School and JP wouldn't ever be in the locker room to have to be sent back. He'd be getting JV time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

JP Prince and Wayne Chism goofing off tonight was completely uncalled for.

JP needs a one way bus ticket back to Memphis...

Did not see JP and Wayne goofing but that is disgusting to hear. Wayne looked like a dumba$$ tonight.

I'm glad the fans at least acknowledged the recruits that were in attendance tonight. Was anyone else a little surprised how much their press affected us?

JP Prince and Wayne Chism goofing off tonight was completely uncalled for.

JP needs a one way bus ticket back to Memphis...

I'm still not sure why he continues to get as many minutes as he does. I know he had 8 points tonight, but he's not really much of a threat to score. He's never been a great jump shooter, and in the UK game in particular it just seemed he was out there to pass the ball and take up space.

I'm still not sure why he continues to get as many minutes as he does. I know he had 8 points tonight, but he's not really much of a threat to score. He's never been a great jump shooter, and in the UK game in particular it just seemed he was out there to pass the ball and take up space.

I like Bruce and how he has sold the program to get the fairweather fans back in...you know the ones walking out tonight with 3 minutes to go.

But there comes a time where these players need a coach...not a buddy.

This is a comment that fits somebody like Yarbrough. It's ridiculously over complimentary to Prince.

I'm still not sure why he continues to get as many minutes as he does. I know he had 8 points tonight, but he's not really much of a threat to score. He's a terrible jump shooter, and in the UK game in particular it just seemed he was out there to pass the ball and take up space.

Fixed my own post.

You're right, Yarbrough was 5 times the jump shooter that Prince is.

Prince has 2 things he does well.

1. turnover the ball
2. dunk

Number one is leading and pulling away.

What stood out to me was that SC got 15 more shots off than us. When was the last time anyone got that many more shots than us?

VN Store

Back