The scoop and score ruling…

If you missed it Wallace got his untimely response which in a nut shell is the ruling on the field was correct.

Refs are like lawyers & doctors. They take an oath not to turn on each other. It was a trick play. It’s been proven by the coaches cut of the video.

Reactions: Wireless1
I don’t buy into any of the conspiracy theories about how they are trying to screw us. Just saying they put the crew in this game that screwed up the Auburn Penn State game.

But didn’t they cheat Penn St in that game? Auburn is an Alabama school

Refresh my memory. When we got the ball there since it was 4th down did we score a TD or kick a field goal. We ultimately scored anyway - just took extra time and a few more plays.

If you missed it Wallace got his untimely response which in a nut shell is the ruling on the field was correct.
Take a close look at the picture. This was a designed sleeper pass play. The back slips into the left flat and the QB acts like the ball was handed off to the back up the middle. Also, take note that there are no lineman blocking down field. TN defenders blow up the play with a scoop and score. If not, Corral would have then thrown the ball to the receiver in the left flat. BAD CALL BY THE REFS. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Attachments

• 583291E8-FEEC-482A-AA32-82BBFE409CEE.jpeg
    583291E8-FEEC-482A-AA32-82BBFE409CEE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Horrible call. If he wanted to surrender he could've taken a knee. They stole a strip sack touchdown from us.

Agree

It also wasn’t like they held him up for 10 seconds while trying to strip the ball.

It also wasn’t like they drove him backward for 15 yards before the ball started coming out.

Reactions: Skullbone
Why would a whistle been blown in the first place? What did the refs see that would cause them to blow the whistle in the first place?
There was no flag thrown, no time out called, no issue. The ball was snapped and Coral made a fake hand off trying to trick the D, he got surrounded by Vols and 1 stripped it, then Young ran along with at least 2 officials to the end zone with no whistle being blown. F.........explain to me how that was anything but a recovered fumble return for a TD!

Why would a whistle been blown in the first place? What did the refs see that would cause them to blow the whistle in the first place?
There was no flag thrown, no time out called, no issue. The ball was snapped and Coral made a fake hand off trying to trick the D, he got surrounded by Vols and 1 stripped it, then Young ran along with at least 2 officials to the end zone with no whistle being blown. F.........explain to me how that was anything but a recovered fumble return for a TD!
Nah Velus’ muffed punt set the tone for the whole night on the field. The blown scoop and score call just amplified things.
Yep it's called a 14 pt turnaround between the muffed punt and scoop TD nullified.

They didn't call it a fumble. Official's words were the qb was "under control"(??????) so it was a sack on 4th down and we got the ball.
Was the ball marked at the spot or the previous snap point, I couldn’t tell from my seat

Refresh my memory. When we got the ball there since it was 4th down did we score a TD or kick a field goal. We ultimately scored anyway - just took extra time and a few more plays.
AIR 3 and out

People, THERE WAS NO FUMBLE, IT WAS 4th down, that’s why we got the ball. They ruled the play dead, no fumble, turnover on downs

Were you supposed to have blue font on your “THERE WAS NO FUMBLE” comment? Otherwise, what play are you talking about? I ask because there definitely WAS A FUMBLE (no blue font) on that play, and the ball was picked up and returned for a TD by Tyler Baron. There was no whistle blown. It was only after the fact that the refs decided to say that the QB’s forward progress was stopped while he “was still in control” (???) and therefore there was no fumble. With the stop we took over possession as a result of a turnover on downs. Now if someone can explain to me how a player’s forward progress is stopped when that player NEVER ACTUALLY MOVED FORWARD at any point during the play, then maybe I can understand the ruling.

And then they took a 4 minute huddle to determine intentionally ground the ball in the endzone is a safety

It was like they were talking trying to come up with any reason to not say safety

I still in the back of my mind can't shake the thought that the whole play was set up as a trick play. He stops/we stop on the play/ he runs for first down and more - it was just something about the whole play that did not look right in my mind. That play set the tone for the rest of the night.
Exactly. Watch the tape. He did it several times in the game to confuse our secondary into thinking he had handed the ball off and that it was a run play. Then he would pass. Can't believe announcer Jordan Rogers did not pick up on it immediately as he is a former qb. What rule in football says a player can not just stand there for a few counts with the ball. They were not expecting our defense to penetrate the line so quickly.

Reactions: BanditVol
It was the quickest "forward progress" I've seen in a long time. Corral got wrapped up and ball came out almost immediately from what I remember. There's almost always 2 or 3 seconds of being wrapped up before a whistle.

It was beyond awful.

Blonde Donde and White Danny are so pissed at the blown scoop and score that got called back that they are going to pay Akron $100,000 not to play next year and offering Maryville College $1,000,000 to play in their place, cutting off all hot dog condiments at halftime, cutting off all beer sales right after the invocation, and scanning video of the Ole Miss game to look for well dressed and well behaved fans they can raise their seat prices to $15,000 a seat, rather that the scheduled and announced $7,500 a seat.

Our leadership should be raising holy hell with the SEC, but they let the fans do it and then tell us how awful and embarrassing we are.
Show me one instance in the history of the SEC where a university president or AD publicly criticized a call in a game.

Blonde Donde and White Danny are so pissed at the blown scoop and score that got called back that they are going to pay Akron $100,000 not to play next year and offering Maryville College $1,000,000 to play in their place, cutting off all hot dog condiments at halftime, cutting off all beer sales right after the invocation, and scanning video of the Ole Miss game to look for well dressed and well behaved fans they can raise their seat prices to $15,000 a seat, rather that the scheduled and announced $7,500 a seat.

Our leadership should be raising holy hell with the SEC, but they let the fans do it and then tell us how awful and embarrassing we are.

That might make sense down at the local bar but it is not how things work in the boardroom.

I believe the Chancellor and AD know what they are doing. Say what you need to say in public and work to get your way behind the scenes. More important than one game is the momentum of the program and the long term rebuilding of the UT brand.

I've not seen the game replay, not will I watch it. That said, apparently the SEC has the fumble 6 edited out of the replay. Pretty damning.

And you can find someone to tell us that all those unconstitutional voting rules changes that stuck us with Brandon, the corrupt, grossly incompetent, senile, moron, were simultaneously in our best interest and perfectly legal because “Covid”.

Who you gonna believe, ________ or your lying eyes.

VN Store

Back