The scoop and score ruling…

Dudleys87

2B1A1
If you missed it Wallace got his untimely response which in a nut shell is the ruling on the field was correct.

If you missed it Wallace got his untimely response which in a nut shell is the ruling on the field was correct.

I call bs on that. If he would have slipped free and run for a TD they sure as hell would have counted it. Who has ever heard of player control in football? Basketball- yes, football-no.

I will acknowledge that the spot was correct...ish on the 4th down play. However, the scoop and score ruling was straight up Bull$hit. The refs know it as well as the SEC office. It's all CYA at this point.

both the head ref and back judge ran with the player to the endzone. they were the closest ones to the play and would have called him down if anyone. then the ole miss special teams unit came on. only after that did they huddle around and change the call

Why would a whistle been blown in the first place? What did the refs see that would cause them to blow the whistle in the first place?
They didn't blow a whistle... Don't care what anyone says. Why would they have been chasing the play to the endzone if they'd of blown it dead? Also, none of refs signaled with their hands that the play was dead.

Last edited:
I still in the back of my mind can't shake the thought that the whole play was set up as a trick play. He stops/we stop on the play/ he runs for first down and more - it was just something about the whole play that did not look right in my mind. That play set the tone for the rest of the night.

I still in the back of my mind can't shake the thought that the whole play was set up as a trick play. He stops/we stop on the play/ he runs for first down and more - it was just something about the whole play that did not look right in my mind. That play set the tone for the rest of the night.

Nah Velus’ muffed punt set the tone for the whole night on the field. The blown scoop and score call just amplified things.

Regard species SEC Zebra, be aware of the following information.

What does the word sec zebra mean? SEC Zebra is an American animal with a humanoid appearance. Their cranial and rectal anatomy are the reverse of all species of animals. They tend to have a white torso striped with regular black bars.

I had the same thought. Corral was keeping that one and running... I get QB safety, but he is a runner at that point.

I had a bit of flashback to the 2006 LSU game in Neyland where Jamarcus Russell fumbled on the final drive (ended up being a GW drive) and the refs said the play was blown dead, and I believe that since the ref did not throw the bag, UT could not challenge the call...

We got hosed simple as that. The ref even threw the fumble bag down and Atleast two refs ran with the defense to the end zone. There was no whistle blown and both special team units came out for the FG. It was only until then they decided to talk about that play. It was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

This relates, maybe. At some point, the whistle on running plays from scrimmage became very slow, resulting in a scrum with players from both sides joining in. Was there a redefinition of "forward progress" that brought this on? Is this what the zebras pulled out of their "hat" for the "ruling?" OR would "in the grasp, for quarterbacks" been a legit call?

It was the quickest "forward progress" I've seen in a long time. Corral got wrapped up and ball came out almost immediately from what I remember. There's almost always 2 or 3 seconds of being wrapped up before a whistle.

VN Store

Back