The Saturday night atmosphere was unreal [share your experience]

YES! I was going to mention this too. Everyone talks about how they don't want to bring that back on third down.. but the crowd noise had kind of died down late in the 3rd qtr/start of the 4th. And then they hit that 3rd down for what and the crowd went INSANE (me included). So fun.

They used it sparingly which is what made it more exciting.

Unfortunately I think they picked up every 3rd down it was played on. šŸ˜•

It was the best atmostphere I've ever experienced, and it's not close. Closest comparison would be 2004 Florida but the production of Saturday night's game sets it apart. The combination of light show, DJ leading cheers during timeouts, timely song selections by the PA folks, etc. kept the crowd in the game all night. My throat still hurts. It was awesome.

It was everything an atmosphere at Neyland should be. Just about everyone in my section stood and yelled consistently on Defense. I love how our noise never let up until the very end after they said we were short. I really think that the energy and support of the fans helped our players absorb all of the big Ole Miss plays. Donā€™t take seats out of Neyland, my ears were ringing through Sunday afternoon

I took some buddies who happen to be Ole Miss graduates, but are really just football fans (they didnā€™t even wear OM gear). They said they were losing their voice just trying to talk to each other.

Reactions: golfballs
Amazing night for my dad and I. New light system rocks. Checker is one of the coolest sights in sports. The Pride broke out the Circle Drill!

Attachments

• PXL_20211017_014344853.jpg
    PXL_20211017_014344853.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20211016_233607371.jpg
    PXL_20211016_233607371.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
I told my GF when we were tailgating that I have not seen this many people out tailgating in 10 years. One hell of a crowd and reason I love night games!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Loudest game I experienced was Oklahoma. How did the crowd stack up to that one, noise wise?

IMO, the UF ā€œNo sir eeā€ 1998 game and Oklahoma game produced more noiseā€”the UF game the loudest moment; the Oklahoma game the most sustained noise. The Ole Miss game certainly is in the top five. This is based on 45 years of attendance and 36 as a season ticket holder. Loudest game wasnā€™t at Neylandā€¦it was the Sugar Bowl vs. Miamiā€¦and that I have zero doubt about. I assume it was the roof.

Reactions: tatervol
We were in Z11, row 17, right on the bar. Loved the pregame lights. Halftime light show? Meh. Probably not quite as loud as 2015 Oklahoma, but close. Loved that they brought back Third Down for What. My wife looked at me after they picked that 1st down up and said "this place would have come unglued if we had gotten that stop." Made some friends in our section too.

Ole Miss fans were extremely hostile. There were several of our fans who came and stood in front of our section to get away from Ole Miss fans. It started getting ugly in the 2nd half b/c of the flops.

During the delay, somebody threw a full water bottle and it hit somebody on the walkway right in front of us. We just kinda stood there in shock waiting for it to all end.

Least favorite part of the night? At gate 21 coming in, a male event staffer gave my wife a pat search. He's probably a college student, and I'm much bigger than he is; as soon as I made eye contact with him, he knew he messed up, and he didn't approach me for one. Kid looked scared to death. To clarify, I work in a prison, and if I had done what he did, I would not only get fired, but get arrested more than likely. I called the university over it. Waiting on them to call me back to resolve it.

Overall, a great night. Electric atmosphere. Would have loved the win though.

VN Store

Back