The Rock/Metal Thread

There's something about slower heavy riffs that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Chris Barnes = Best Death Metal voice ever

The 2nd song released by Disturbed from their new album:

[Youtube]

I read a review that says Disturbed's upcoming album is their "Black Album". I was a bit skeptical when they said after the success of The Sound of Silence that they wanted to do more ballad type songs and that Evolution will be half typical Disturbed/half "ballady". But if their ballads are as good as A Reason to Fight, it may end up musically being their best album.

I read a review that says Disturbed's upcoming album is their "Black Album". I was a bit skeptical when they said after the success of The Sound of Silence that they wanted to do more ballad type songs and that Evolution will be half typical Disturbed/half "ballady". But if their ballads are as good as A Reason to Fight, it may end up musically being their best album.
Disturbed is one of those few bands that always delivers a good to amazing album. Hard to believe they've been around nearly 2 decades.

Nothing like a little Deicide to get you in gear and moving in the morning.

That Glen Benton is a character. I saw him with Vital Remains a long time ago. That was a pretty good show. I think a few years back he claimed to have seen a Bigfoot in the swamp and filed an official report.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Disturbed is one of those few bands that always delivers a good to amazing album. Hard to believe they've been around nearly 2 decades.

I agree, I go back and forth between them and Metallica as my favorite metal/hard rock bands. Metallica probably still wins because I think their concerts are better. But even still, Disturbed hasn't had an album that I haven't liked yet, even though the last 2 about half of the songs I thought were forgettable. With Metallica, they have St. Anger.....

Also Disturbed is one of the few metal/hard rock (or I guess bands period) that almost 2 decades later they are still hitting platinum with their albums. That alone is pretty amazing and even moreso when you factor in that less and less people even buy full albums anymore. 5 of their 6 albums have gone platinum, with Asylum being the only one that hasn't but still went Gold. And even their B-Side Collection The Lost Children has almost gone gold.

Will always be my favorite Disturbed song

That's probably my favorite non-main album song by them and in hindsight should have been a song on Ten Thousand Fists instead of a b-side.

I actually think The Lost Children is underrated; even though it's not a proper album, there isn't a bad song on it and it didn't get a lot of publicity because they released it kind of quietly right before they went on their 4 year break.

I agree, I go back and forth between them and Metallica as my favorite metal/hard rock bands. Metallica probably still wins because I think their concerts are better. But even still, Disturbed hasn't had an album that I haven't liked yet, even though the last 2 about half of the songs I thought were forgettable. With Metallica, they have St. Anger.....

Also Disturbed is one of the few metal/hard rock (or I guess bands period) that almost 2 decades later they are still hitting platinum with their albums. That alone is pretty amazing and even moreso when you factor in that less and less people even buy full albums anymore. 5 of their 6 albums have gone platinum, with Asylum being the only one that hasn't but still went Gold. And even their B-Side Collection The Lost Children has almost gone gold.

Both have influenced me a great deal. Like em both.

Jinjer working on EP to be released sometime before the end of the year. Cant wait.

I need a little help.

Give me some great "new" bands that have a Motley, Gun's style to them. Please...I'm begging.:cool:

VN Store

Back