The Rock/Metal Thread

giphy.gif

Reactions: dduncan4163
I like their older stuff.

Their latest album.....uh.....
I haven’t heard anything they’ve done in years. I caught them as the support act for Metallica almost 15 years ago and couldn’t believe how good they were. The drum off between Sully and Shannon was awesome.

I haven’t heard anything they’ve done in years. I caught them as the support act for Metallica almost 15 years ago and couldn’t believe how good they were. The drum off between Sully and Shannon was awesome.

Ha, that's the same tour I got turned onto them. I went with a friend from work and he was a big fan of them, and I didn't know much about them. After that concert I went out and bought their 3 CDs available at the time.

Reactions: davethevol
I will say that Godsmack is a surprisingly good live band.
Best live bands I've ever seen: Godsmack, Weezer, Gojira, Pantera, Amon Amarth. No real order..Gojira and Weezer would be tied for sounding most like their actual albums live.

Best live bands I've ever seen: Godsmack, Weezer, Gojira, Pantera, Amon Amarth. No real order..Gojira and Weezer would be tied for sounding most like their actual albums live.

Man I wish I had gotten to see Pantera live. I have to settle for their live albums.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Man I wish I had gotten to see Pantera live. I have to settle for their live albums.
I saw them open for Sabbath in 1999..it was awesome. Dimebag was on point. Phil was all coked up. Excellent show. Sabbath was pretty meh..bunch of old dudes standing still playing the classics.

I caught Amon Amarth opening for Children of Bodom and Trivium around 15 years ago and they stole the show. I was there to see COB and Amon Amarth blew them off the stage. Trivium was incredibly lame.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back