The Republican Fraud That Misled Us Into War

Is this a thread where other posters are allowed to disagree?

Nah,, really do not care..

200.gif

Last edited:
For the record, war mongering is not only a republican problem. The wicked orange man was the closest thing we've ever had that didn't have allegiance to the military industrial complex.
Obama was black

Few on here agree with our foray into Iraq. My take from the beginning was if the argument to invade a country is WMD's, then you better lock and load and go into North Korea the day after that, China the day after that, Pakistan after that, etc. If they had them and then used them, then turn them into glass. I think anyone with a brain could look at that whole scenario and understand WMD's/9-11 were only the mechanism to create the opportunity and justification to try and have long range influence in ME affairs and it didn't work out that way. The released report/synopsis isn't much of a surprise to anyone.

Reactions: Vol Main and McDad
Roosevelt looked the other way and used the Japanese ā€œsneakā€ attack on Pearl Harbor as the pretext to war with Nazi Germany.

But, tell us how itā€™s only the republicans that do this.

Can you speak for yourself, without telling me what to say?

You are mistaken. When this issue came up in Doctor Jonathan Utley's History of U.S. Foreign Policy class at UT, he showed us a copy he made of the original War Warning Alert he found in the Library of Congress. It was sent from the War Department to our military in Hawaii several days before the Japanese attack on December 7, 1941. Sending a War Warning Alert is not looking the other way.

Last edited:
For the record, war mongering is not only a republican problem. The wicked orange man was the closest thing we've ever had that didn't have allegiance to the military industrial complex.

These events occurred during the Administration of George W. Bush. The OP does not mention the Orange Man. He is not a subject of this thread.

Good read / bad thread title

It could be better, but the fact is that the Neoconservatives who planned and executed the Iraq War were ensconced into the Republican Party, not the Democratic Party. Numerous of them are still there, wanting to regain their former influence.

These events occurred during the Administration of George W. Bush. The OP does not mention the Orange Man. He is not a subject of this thread.
Through Clinton, Bush, and Obama. All equally war mongers.

You are mistaken. When this issue came up in Doctor Jonathan Utley's History of U.S. Foreign Policy class at UT, he showed us a copy he made of the original War Warning Alert he found in the Library of Congress. It was sent from the War Department to our military in Hawaii several days before the Japanese attack on December 7, 1941. Sending a War Warning Alert is not looking the other way.
Yet it was a ā€œsneak attack.ā€

The dems love war too. They love to control the military they hate

Who issued this war warning report? Japan or the US? First I've ever heard of this I believe.

It could be better, but the fact is that the Neoconservatives who planned and executed the Iraq War were ensconced into the Republican Party, not the Democratic Party. Numerous of them are still there, wanting to regain their former influence.
Anxiously awaiting a thread about Obama and Libya, Syria and Ukraine. ..

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Didnā€™t the last two democratic nominees for president vote to authorize the war in Iraq? This includes our current president. As opposed to the republican congressman representing Knoxville who voted against the war at the time.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Didnā€™t the last two democratic nominees for president vote to authorize the war in Iraq? This includes our current president. As opposed to the republican congressman representing Knoxville who voted against the war at the time.

I think Obama was one of the few who voted against it. Yes and no, meaning not exactly. They voted for the authorization, but it only gave Bush authority to act under certain conditions. Of course, everyone should have known that Bush was lying his way into the war, that he would not hesitate to lie about the conditions being met, so establishing conditions that he would lie about was irresponsible.

Last edited:
Yet it was a ā€œsneak attack.ā€

The Japanese fleet steamed under radio silence. FDR actually thought that it was steaming South, but it is well known that Hawaii received the war warning alert. You really do not know anything about this, do you? You are just dragging the thread away from the subject, so please stop it. If you want to talk about Pearl Harbor, why don't you start your own thread.

I think Obama was one of the few who voted against it. Yes and no, meaning not exactly. They voted for the authorization, but it only gave Bush authority to act under certain conditions. Of course, everyone should have known that Bush was lying his way into the war, that he would not hesitate to lie about the conditions being met, so establishing conditions that he would lie about was irresponsible.
Again, anxiously awaiting your posts with regards to Libya, Syria and Ukraine.

The Japanese fleet steamed under radio silence. FDR actually thought that it was steaming South, but it is well known that Hawaii received the war warning alert. You really do not know anything about this, do you? You are just dragging the thread away from the subject, so please stop it. If you want to talk about Pearl Harbor, why don't you start your own thread.
What exactly is this that you are talking about? Who issued this alert? Japan or the US?

VN Store

Back