The Reason Fulmer is Retiring

The boosters have spoken. And Fulmer not only had to go, but was forced to do so because he was unwilling to hire Hugh Freeze. And instead, he tried to hang on to Pruitt for as long as he could, relying on convincing them that Pruitt was the way forward for now. Once he wasn't going to be able to do so, it was over for him, just as much as it was for Pruitt.

Mark this post. Even if the topic gets merged, this particular story and more specific information will come to light.

I'm going to need MIT Beaver to approve of this post I believe it. I want Freeze BTW.

The boosters have spoken. And Fulmer not only had to go, but was forced to do so because he was unwilling to hire Hugh Freeze. And instead, he tried to hang on to Pruitt for as long as he could, relying on convincing them that Pruitt was the way forward for now. Once he wasn't going to be able to do so, it was over for him, just as much as it was for Pruitt.

Mark this post. Even if the topic gets merged, this particular story and more specific information will come to light.
They are not hiring Freeze, move on. Next topic.

Scumbaum carries water for the bammers; he cannot be trusted, regardless of where he went to college. Davis and
Ingram are the best choices for AD.......Scumbaum knows nothing except how to cater to that vermin in tuscaloser

Reactions: dlravol2 and DC_Vol
If she goes out and hires Freeze after that she's shoe-in for Hypocrite Of The Year.

That said, If he didn't have the baggage, he'd be in my top 3.

We just burned down the building so a billionaire could get his revenge for 3 years ago.
Maybe she should run for office then

I wouldn’t go that far...can’t put Junior’s lack of moral judgment on the Old Man.
The old man wasn't a bastion of integrity, the guy was a racist and homophobe. Hell the alumni started a campaign to get his name removed. Doesn't sound like someone who did the right things to me....

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
So when we mark this post and none of what you said is true (because none of it is), what do we win? You can't hire Freeze coming off an investigation and talking about "integrity." Unless you are living under a rock or stupid, its plain to see he is "retiring" because he was given the choice to walk away or get his legacy tarnished by being terminated.

I’m not saying this poster is credible or not (cuz I have no idea), but I think his theory is plausible. And I’ve been predicting Freeze for a few months and I still think it highly possible.

You folks take public statements way too much at face value. WAY too much because it is all political grandstanding.

The signs have pointed to FREEZE for awhile IMO as I’ve stated in several posts.

I’m not saying this poster is credible or not (cuz I have no idea), but I think his theory is plausible. And I’ve been predicting Freeze for a few months and I still think it highly possible.

You folks take public statements way too much at face value. WAY too much because it is all political grandstanding.

The signs have pointed to FREEZE for awhile IMO as I’ve stated in several posts.
How have the signs pointed to Freeze? (Btw, I don't care who the coach is, I'm just doctoral student who makes a ton of money betting against UT)

If she goes out and hires Freeze after that she's shoe-in for Hypocrite Of The Year.

That said, If he didn't have the baggage, he'd be in my top 3.

We just burned down the building so a billionaire could get his revenge for 3 years ago.

Panic much? The sanctions will be minor. Miss a bowl game next year (which we likely woulda missed anyhow) and a few schollies. Probably it.

I don’t think the SEC is willing to allow Freeze back in at the current time..... I think your theory is horse 💩

The old man wasn't a bastion of integrity, the guy was a racist and homophobe. Hell the alumni started a campaign to get his name removed. Doesn't sound like someone who did the right things to me....

Not seeing any facts in there....

Your post makes it seem as though Freeze is at the top of the list. After the 'integrity' speech at the presser, I would have to think that would disqualify him completely, and I'm not sure he was ever desired by anyone except the fans.

We were also led to believe that Pruitt would still be the head coach after what Fulmer said. Anything can happen at this point.

Reactions: EZE
How have the signs pointed to Freeze?

I think they have been for a few months.

Just when his name got hot, and there were rumors of schools like ScJr being interested, the rumor about him being interested in UT came out, and everything about him went dark.

No decent coach would ever agree to come here with Phil in place after what Pruitt has been through.

We were also led to believe that Pruitt would still be the head coach after what Fulmer said. Anything can happen at this point.

Absolutely. That presser today was all about political grandstanding. Nobody should be taking any of it too seriously.

Not seeing any facts in there....
Google is your friend homie, you should try it and you will find the answers. Falwell Sr. was a publicly known homophobe and racist there are too many links to choose from just search "jerry falwell homophobia"

Panic much? The sanctions will be minor. Miss a bowl game next year (which we likely woulda missed anyhow) and a few schollies. Probably it.
I hope you are right but I seriously doubt it. Hard to consider the sanctions minor when Plowman has already noted the Level 1 and 2 violations are numerous. Her statements regarding the violations are unprecendented for a program before the NCAA finishes their investigation.

Reactions: alvinkamara
I think they have been for a few months.

Just when his name got hot, and there were rumors of schools like ScJr being interested, the rumor about him being interested in UT came out, and everything about him went dark.
That could just as easily be his agent trying to get him a raise. Same thing happens to all the big names, It used to happen to Stoops almost every year

I'd be surprised if we have a AD by Friday let alone a HC,and even if true
Not going to be Freeze
IF we do have an AD by Friday, that will be a promising sign that somebody with clout might have actually drafted a plan before pulling the trigger.

It would be very Un-UT of us to appear to actually have a plan! Btw, I would be surprised too but we can always hope that the AD is announced Friday followed by the new HC who's not named Steele on Monday.

Reactions: volintears
Google is your friend homie, you should try it and you will find the answers. Falwell Sr. was a publicly known homophobe and racist there are too many links to choose from just search "jerry falwell homophobia"
don 't believe everything you read on the internet, sack.....

Reactions: EZE
Simply put, had the school made the changes due to bad season, then Hugh would have a chance. However, the change is being made with the (Phil) Spector (RIP) of rules violations. The school is NOT going to stick out their neck and hire a guy with even worse violations in his past AND with a history of moral problems such as solicitation of prostitution (WITH A SCHOOL ISSUED CELL PHONE!!!!)

I know many of you guys here did not graduate from UTK, but the diploma on my wall prohibits me from "winning at all costs" and hiring Hugh Freeze after just a few seasons off of show-cause. UT should be better than that and I believe they are.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad

Articles aren’t “factual evidence,” “homie.” They are just opinions by someone else that serve as crutches for weak minded and lazy folks to latch onto.

Facts would be written words or direct quotes.

Reactions: VOLED
What better way to redeem your reputation than to coach at a Christian School, which is what HF is doing at Liberty University. Anyone on this Board seen that campus?
LOL working for Falwell Jr and redeeming yourself? I’m all for Freeze but I doubt it happens and the people claiming Liberty as this bastion of Christian virtue are killing me.

VN Store

Back