The positives from this game

Ahhh..the meltdown. It looked to me like we were flat. The delayed start had to hurt. AP played out of their minds and the officials even helped them calling those screen blocks holds. MIlton doesn't throw as catchable a ball as Hooker for sure. The receivers did drop some passes early. For a head case QB like Milton, he gets worse if his receivers don't help him. They catch it and his confidence grows. They came to play and got some breaks. It looks to me like we never really "woke" up. Maybe we wanted to win without showing the whole playbook...I don't know, but they seemed to have our number on defense as well. We should have been able to just run the ball all over them and probably could have had we not been trying to practice passing it. I'm concerned, but glad we won and that the team doesn't think they are going to roll over UF, which is what their attitude would have been had they won 63-0.

I still don't understand how we could look so uninterested, so poorly coached against a team that is not just bad but In a different atmosphere athletically speaking. No where close to our guys. I think our entire defensive staff needs to go. They're all terrible.
Overreaction much? I understand being frustrated and confused about what happened but damn, fire errbody.

Ahhh..the meltdown. It looked to me like we were flat. The delayed start had to hurt. AP played out of their minds and the officials even helped them calling those screen blocks holds. MIlton doesn't throw as catchable a ball as Hooker for sure. The receivers did drop some passes early. For a head case QB like Milton, he gets worse if his receivers don't help him. They catch it and his confidence grows. They came to play and got some breaks. It looks to me like we never really "woke" up. Maybe we wanted to win without showing the whole playbook...I don't know, but they seemed to have our number on defense as well. We should have been able to just run the ball all over them and probably could have had we not been trying to practice passing it. I'm concerned, but glad we won and that the team doesn't think they are going to roll over UF, which is what their attitude would have been had they won 63-0.
This is basically where I’m at. Great post!

Milton is the same guy he has been. I dont think the light suddenly comes on for guys in their 6th year. If UT could go 8-4 with him its be a heck of a coaching job.
I'm sorry, but if you think 8-4 is our ceiling with Milton, we should just play Nico. He can go 8-4. We should want more than 8-4.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

VN Store

Back