The perfect day….

knox-townVOL

First of his name
Picture this:

It’s Saturday. You wake up at 6AM on a crisp, cool Fall morning. You head out to the golf course and meet up with your friends, and you’ve been striking the ball well. You shoot a really nice score.

It’s 11:30 now and you are loading up your clubs. You head back to the house with a pizza in tow, post up on the couch, fire up the noon games. Some scrub G5 team is in a dog fight with some bottom feeding P5 team like Texas and it’s getting really interesting. You keep dozing off during the noon games because the golf wore you out, but that’s ok. There’s a big 3:30 SEC matchup you’re excited to watch. The 3:30 game ends up being a thrilller.

Tennessee has a huge conference matchup at 7PM. You’ve been waiting for it all day. The nerves kick in around 6:00. By 6:55 you’re a train wreck, full of nervous excitement. Friends come over to watch the game. Everyone is cheering when we are throwing TD bombs on our opponent.

Tennessee walks off with a huge win. You pass out in bed, ready for a good night’s sleep and church in the morning. It was the perfect day.

Happy August everyone. It’s football time.

Last edited:

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
Wake up
Thank God
No barking dogs
Clean air
No bacon for breakfast
Get call from attractive girl
Set up a date with said girl
Stopped at a red light
Got a message from Kim
Played basketball
Got a triple double
Drove home
Took a shower
Police did not bother me
Watched music videos at a friend's house
Played dice
Won cash
No friends died
Picked up a lady
I brought alcohol
She brought weed
The Lakers won
Made her tired from relations
Woke her up and she complimented me
Took her home
Did not see any helicopters
Got a burger at 2 AM
Noticed a blimp in the sky
Saw blimp had a personalized message
Was intoxicated
Still receiving messages
Did not have to discharge a firearm

bleuximus

Wake up
Thank God
No barking dogs
Clean air
No bacon for breakfast
Stopped at a red light
Got a message from Kim
Played basketball
Got a triple double
Drove home
Took a shower
Police did not bother me
Played dice
Won cash
No friends died
Picked up a lady
I brought alcohol
She brought weed
The Lakers won
Took her home
Got a burger at 2 AM
Was intoxicated
Still receiving messages
I feel like this was so descriptive and honest, I was actually there--then I realized it was probably awkward for me to be there too, so I said, "Peace." Glad to hear you got the compliments though, and congrats on the triple double, and not having to put up with circling helicopters. Wish you had more of those days, if I'm being honest.

joevol33

trampoline king
Wake up
Thank God
No barking dogs
Clean air
No bacon for breakfast
Stopped at a red light
Got a message from Kim
Played basketball
Got a triple double
Drove home
Took a shower
Police did not bother me
Played dice
Won cash
No friends died
Picked up a lady
I brought alcohol
She brought weed
The Lakers won
Took her home
Got a burger at 2 AM
Was intoxicated
Still receiving messages
No bacon? You dirty commie!

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
Hmrph! You guys got no magination. Me? I'd make myself a thick Dixie platter of chili dogs and two Killian Red bottles of beer, rev up the time machine, fast-forward straight to two minutes before kick off, get settled in my seat and watch the game unfold. With the Vols winning, I'd head back to my own time, and relive the experience from my living room with a bunch of pals. And take their money by making bets with them about what Vols player does what during the game. Use the money to pay off the six wheeled Chevy.

Vol in Buckeye Land

If I still lived in God’s Country:

Hike up to one of the backcountry campsites with da boyz on Friday afternoon/evening, camp out Friday night. Hike back at the crack of dawn Saturday. Breakfast at the Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg.

Come back to the house, ride bikes in the neighborhood with the kids, come back home and put on a pot of coffee. Read quietly for a while, maybe put on a Premier League game before transitioning to American football. Family/friends come over.

By the time the Big Orange kick it off, myself or milady has a pot of chili simmering. We dish it up at halftime, the Vols already in the lead against a big rival or major OOC opponent. Fridge full of Octoberfest beer. The kids and dogs are playing in the backyard. Game stays close enough to be interesting but not enough to raise my blood pressure significantly. Big dub, and we hang out and chat after the kids have gone to bed.

It’s a clear night, and the stars are out. I step out on the porch to see the last guest off and as they drive off I look up at the sky and think, “It’s a good life.”

FBtime

Picture this:

It’s Saturday. You wake up at 6AM on a crisp, cool fall morning. You head out to the golf course and meet up with your friends, and you’ve been striking the ball well. You shoot a really nice score.

It’s 11:30 now and you are loading up your clubs. You head back to the house with a pizza in tow, post up on the couch, fire up the noon games. Some scrub G5 team is in a dog fight with some bottom feeding P5 team like Texas and it’s getting really interesting. You keep dozing off during the noon games because the golf wore you out, but that’s ok. There’s a big 3:30 SEC matchup you’re excited to watch. The 3:30 game ends up being a thrilller.

Tennessee has a huge SEC matchup at 7PM. You’ve been waiting for it all day. The nerves kick in around 6:00. By 6:55 you’re a train wreck, full of nervous excitement. Friends come over to watch the game. Everyone is cheering when we are throwing TD bombs on our opponent.

Tennessee walks off with a huge win. You pass out in bed, ready for a good night’s sleep and church in the morning. It was the perfect day.

Sounds like an amazing day. We tee off at 7:20 and can be home for the 11:00 kickoffs!

GordonC

Hmrph! You guys got no magination. Me? I'd make myself a thick Dixie platter of chili dogs and two Killian Red bottles of beer, rev up the time machine, fast-forward straight to two minutes before kick off, get settled in my seat and watch the game unfold. With the Vols winning, I'd head back to my own time, and relive the experience from my living room with a bunch of pals. And take their money by making bets with them about what Vols player does what during the game. Use the money to pay off the six wheeled Chevy.
I'll borrow that time machine and go back to last Tuesday at about this time...before the person in IL hit the MegaMillions on Friday. TYVM

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Picture this:

It’s Saturday. You wake up at 6AM on a crisp, cool fall morning. You head out to the golf course and meet up with your friends, and you’ve been striking the ball well. You shoot a really nice score.

Tennessee has a huge SEC matchup at 7PM. You’ve been waiting for it all day. The nerves kick in around 6:00. By 6:55 you’re a train wreck, full of nervous excitement. Friends come over to watch the game. Everyone is cheering when we are throwing TD bombs on our opponent.

Trade the golfing for fishing and you got a deal Hoss. I don't care the time or year or weather I always got a line in the water.

Bill Dance is a Tennessee Treasure by the way.

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Wake up
Thank God
No barking dogs
Clean air
No bacon for breakfast
Stopped at a red light
Got a message from Kim
Played basketball
Got a triple double
Drove home
Took a shower
Police did not bother me
Played dice
Won cash
No friends died
Picked up a lady
I brought alcohol
She brought weed
The Lakers won
Took her home
Got a burger at 2 AM
Was intoxicated
Still receiving messages
I can't believe. Today was a good day.

N.ohio vol

Picture this:

Sounds like a perfect day to me brother. I don't golf but hell I'd give it a try lol

VN Store