The Ones that Got Away

and? if CPF is such and ace recruiter (he is good Im not denying that) then 5-6 shouldnt have hurt us as much as it did. look, if Schiano can attract talent to a dead in the water Rutgers program, dont blame the poor class last year only on the record.

oh all that talent at rutgers. 47 in the country this year. our class this year must be looooooooaaaaaadeeeeeddddd....

maybe you didnt understand my point...what Im saying is that recruting is not simply based on your present won-loss record. Most recruits will go simply where they are most comfortable. So you cant just blame last years dismal class on being 5-6.

really......and where was his prowess last year?

I guess after this year, according to you, Mark Richt isnt a very good coach? You can not judge someone by one season. By that scale I would have been fired numerous times. Hell, I dont know you, or even care to, but I bet you would also be unemployed by that scale. You have to look at overall performance, and if someone does a great job most of the time, then you can overlook their F--- ups sometimes.

You all are fighting a losing battle. Rexvol can't see the forest for the trees of hate. EVERY post he makes is negative toward Fulmer.

I guess after this year, according to you, Mark Richt isnt a very good coach? You can not judge someone by one season. By that scale I would have been fired numerous times. Hell, I dont know you, or even care to, but I bet you would also be unemployed by that scale. You have to look at overall performance, and if someone does a great job most of the time, then you can overlook their F--- ups sometimes.

wow, such an articulate and thought provoking exchange of cogent thought. I think I'll just refrain from this discussing this with you further.

well, apparently Ark coaches could watch tape and see him in person as they recruited him and realize that he was an exceptional rb, whereas our guys could only see a safety :BANGHEAD2: and Im sure he was intent on playing rb
Congratulations to Arkansas. They have a fine player.

I guess the fact that McFadden was all Arkansas for the whole recruitment is lost on you? Being from Little Rock, it's understandable.

Congratulations to Arkansas. They have a fine player.

I guess the fact that McFadden was all Arkansas for the whole recruitment is lost on you? Being from Little Rock, it's understandable.

you has missed my point entirely, it's not about his going to Ark, it's about evaluating players, our coaches looked at Mcfadden and saw a safety, the Ark coaches looked at him and saw a rb. The safety that we saw and the running back that they saw in him just ran roughshod all over us a few weeks ago.

you has missed my point entirely, it's not about his going to Ark, it's about evaluating players, our coaches looked at Mcfadden and saw a safety, the Ark coaches looked at him and saw a rb. The safety that we saw and the running back that they saw in him just ran roughshod all over us a few weeks ago.

I think a lot of schools were projecting him at safety. He's unusually tall for a running back.

As previously pointed out, safety was a need in that class. Maybe he would've turned out to be a LaRon Landry or Roy Williams type?

I'd say the coaches are fairly happy with that LeMarcus Coker guy they signed in that class as well.

I think a lot of schools were projecting him at safety. He's unusually tall for a running back.

wasnt Eric Dickerson pretty tall? I know that nobody's perfect, if I remember correctly, evryone wanted Marshall Faulk as a cb, which is why he didnt go to a big time school. I just wanted to needle the blind Fulmer loyalists a little bit, which i think I accomplished. At least Im honest.

I was living in little rock at the time of his recruitment. I knew serveral of his classmates, there was never really any doubt that he was going to Arkansas. Nutt will give any high ranked recruit what he wants versus what he needs to get them. Look at Mustain, hired the coach as OC just to get him. For all you Nutt fans on here I am not knocking Nutt, just pointing out that his jobhas been on the line, and did what he had to do to get the athletes in there.

You all are fighting a losing battle. Rexvol can't see the forest for the trees of hate. EVERY post he makes is negative toward Fulmer.

make no mistake about it, I think Fulmer does less with more than any coach in America.

make no mistake about it, I think Fulmer does less with more than any coach in America.

i tend to agree with this point. I do however give kudos where due, and recruiting has not been an issue. I think personnally, his recruiting is what has won the games we have won. Their athletic ability is what has won the games, not his coaching as much, and with that being said, I dont care if they do reach their full potential as long as they win.

Looking at our current season, do you think that there was any game that we lost in which we were the more talented team? In fact, do you think our talent was within 1 point of Florida or within 4 points of LSU this season?

I dont think it is so much that we "missed the boat" on what position he should play. I think it is actually more of a compliment to the kind of athlete that McFadden is. We were looking great at RB at the time and we had a huge need at S. Therefore, instead of skipping over a talented RB prospect because it wasnt a need we realized that he was such an amazing athlete that we would try to get him on campus because he could fill that need at S.

Looking at our current season, do you think that there was any game that we lost in which we were the more talented team? In fact, do you think our talent was within 1 point of Florida or within 4 points of LSU this season?

were we one point better than Air Force? is our talent that far behind Ark? Is Ky that close to us in terms of ability?

were we one point better than Air Force? is our talent that far behind Ark? Is Ky that close to us in terms of ability?

Typical answer. Ignore the question, continue to bash.

I WILL say this, and this is one of those things I say from time to time that the NegaVols always ignore and pretend I never say.

I am, from time to time disapointed in the way that certain players are used or NOT used, as the case may be, by our coaching staff.

Does that mean Phil should be fired, or that he does it all the time? No. Am I smart enough to realize that there are coaches all across America that don't always utilize every player on their teams correctly? YES.

VN Store

Back