The Ones that Got Away

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
I look around and I think about Darren Mcfadden, JaMarcus Russell, Cadillac Williams, and a slew of other in which it came down to UT and one other team. Where would we be if these guys had picked the larege orange? Im not talking about the the guys that chose someone else over five different schools, but the ones that had two hats in front of them and didnt put the power T on.

The story I've always heard is that supposedly Cadillac was coming to Knoxville, but Auburn convinced him that Tennessee was about to go on probation.

Sadly negative recruiting seems to be the norm these days. I'm sure a lot of schools are playing the "Cutcliffe will leave" card on the Vols this year.

The Vols would have one heck of a blocking tightend right now if they could've landed Russell.

I'm still trying to figure out how we let the Bullock brothers from Chattanooga Hixson go to Neb. Both are in the NFL now!

We actually recruited McFadden for safety. That was a huge need in that class.

of course we did....imagine that....our crack coaching staff would have made the most electrifying running back in the nation into a safety...wow, that's really kinda sad

of course we did....imagine that....our crack coaching staff would have made the most electrifying running back in the nation into a safety...wow, that's really kinda sad
If only they had known in 2004 that in 2006 McFadden was the most electrifying running back in the nation... :swoon3:

Did McFadden or Jones ever lean toward UT or indicate that they would come to Knoxville if they got to play their desired position?

It was being reported on TV the night before that Jones had committed to UT. Apparently we told him no thanks after we got word Hardesty had dropped UNC for us.

McFadden was almost always a Hog.

If only they had known in 2004 that in 2006 McFadden was the most electrifying running back in the nation... :swoon3:

well, apparently Ark coaches could watch tape and see him in person as they recruited him and realize that he was an exceptional rb, whereas our guys could only see a safety :BANGHEAD2: and Im sure he was intent on playing rb

well, apparently Ark coaches could watch tape and see him in person as they recruited him and realize that he was an exceptional rb, whereas our guys could only see a safety :BANGHEAD2: and Im sure he was intent on playing rb

The last thing we should be criticizing our coaches about is recruiting! They have done an exceptional job recruiting ever since Phil has been here. Say what you want about him as a coach but his recruiting prowess is unquestioned.

VN Store

Back