THE Ohio State

IluvdoubleD's

Sir Loves
I can't believe I'm even typing this, but Ohio State has successfully bought the word THE from the english dictionary and trademarked it. If you want to use THE, you have yo pay Ohio State, or something like that. What a joke lawyers are.

The people in Columbus have shamefully diluted the word "the", for in our country's history, the word "the" proceeds many important historical references, such as:

The Constitution
The Civil War
The Godfather
The The
The Smokey Mountain Market
The National Anthem

But most importantly, the word "the" proceeds one incredibly historical monument that was erected on our campus as a living breathing time piece to our many accomplishments:

5ef108921b43a.image.jpg

Maybe Tennessee patents WR U if Heupel and his staff start putting a lot of wide receivers on future NFL rosters.

I started living in Columbus in 1980, my dad a professor at OSU. Everybody just said OSU. Around 1985-86 I remember reading a memo sent out saying they wanted to emphasize “The Ohio State” to differentiate between Oklahoma State and Oregon State which were also OSU. I thought it sounded stupid, everyone just said OSU before then even though “The Ohio State University” had been the official name since it’s inception back in 1878.
I don’t think it caught on at first until you started seeing NFL players introduce themselves as “Eddie George” “THE Ohio State University” before NFL games for example back in the 90’s.

Love it or hate it, it does separate them from the other OSU’s.

I started living in Columbus in 1980, my dad a professor at OSU. Everybody just said OSU. Around 1985-86 I remember reading a memo sent out saying they wanted to emphasize “The Ohio State” to differentiate between Oklahoma State and Oregon State which were also OSU. I thought it sounded stupid, everyone just said OSU before then even though “The Ohio State University” had been the official name since it’s inception back in 1878.
I don’t think it caught on at first until you started seeing NFL players introduce themselves as “Eddie George” “THE Ohio State University” before NFL games for example back in the 90’s.

Love it or hate it, it does separate them from the other OSU’s.
Putting “The” in front of Ohio State isn’t the only thing that helps them separate themselves from Ok State and Oregon State. Their fans do a great job of that on their own .

That’s cute. I seem to recall a smaller university in their own state making the CFP, along with their biggest rival. Whatever they need to do to feel more secure about themselves 😂

That’s cute. I seem to recall a smaller university in their own state making the CFP, along with their biggest rival. Whatever they need to do to feel more secure about themselves 😂

I remember being in the building to watch them lose national title games in football and basketball in the same calendar year. 😁

Putting “The” in front of Ohio State isn’t the only thing that helps them separate themselves from Ok State and Oregon State. Their fans do a great job of that on their own .

I remember back in the 60's ClemPson came out with a bumper sticker that read 'Clemson IS the University of South Carolina'

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back