The ofishal zone devotional thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3A47FEE6-5E91-429B-AE9D-AD81E7B00881.jpeg

everyone have a joyful day of rest this sabbath. It’s a gift from G-d so you might as well use it.

Mathew 11
28 “(A)Come to Me, all [a]who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and (B)learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and (C)you will find [b]rest for your souls. 30 For (D)My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light.”

Song of Solomon 4

“[a]How beautiful (A)you are, my darling,
[b]How beautiful you are!
Your (B)eyes are like doves (C)behind your veil;
Your (D)hair is like a flock of goats
That have descended from Mount (E)Gilead.
2 Your (F)teeth are like a flock of newly shorn sheep
Which have come up from their watering place,
All of which bear twins,
And not one among them has lost her young.
3 Your lips are like a (G)scarlet thread,
And your (H)mouth is beautiful.
Your (I)temples are like a slice of a pomegranate
Behind your veil.
4 Your (J)neck is like the tower of David,
Built with layers of stones
On which are (K)hung a thousand shields,
All the round (L)shields of the warriors.
5 Your (M)two breasts are like two fawns,
Twins of a gazelle
That (N)graze among the lilies.
6 (O)Until [c]the cool of the day
When the shadows flee,
I will go my way to the mountain of (P)myrrh
And to the hill of (Q)frankincense.
7 “(R)You are altogether beautiful, my darling,
And there is no blemish on you.
8 Come with me from (S)Lebanon, my (T)bride,
You shall come with me from Lebanon.
You shall [d]come down from the summit of (U)Amana,

if you think your lady is pretty then tell her about and maybe you will have a special hump day too

Vs 5-7 is where Solomon gets in touch with his inner teenage boy.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

It's Jesus Christ or your sin and hell! What do you choose?

Be glad there’s no hell because messiah says most of y’all are pretenders and aren’t getting in to heaven anyway.

22 (S)Most will say to Me on (T)that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [s]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; (U)leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

So it seems to me that if we neglect to listen to God by refusing to read his Bible, then he will reject and despise our prayers.
It's really this simple, if you won't listen to God, he won't listen to you! Bible reading and praying is the only way to walk with God!

It's a great insult to a person when someone will not listen to anything you say. When someone treats me that way, I don't care what they have to say about most anything. It seems by this Proverb that God feels the same way.

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Our joy is medicine to a hurting soul. It's contagious, it's very beneficial to our testimony to this world and our family too! Nehemiah said, "the joy of the Lord is our strength!"
Joy is the fruit of the Spirit according to the book of Galatians.
Jesus Christ should be our greatest source of joy. If he is the source of your joy, it will never fail!!!
God bless and have a great day!!!

Reactions: joevol33
2 Tim 4:6¶ For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

The great apostle Paul coming down to the finish of his life. He said that he fought a good fight, he kept the faith and he finished his course. What a great thing to be said at the end of ones life!
My challenge to you and myself this day is this, can you say that if your race in this life were to end today? Have you given Jesus Christ your all?
What a convicting thought... I think we would all do well to get busy for the Lord. God bless you friend, have a great day!!

What a wonderful blessing it is to go to the house of God!!!

Psalms 84:1¶[[To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.]] How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
2My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Verse 10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

So many blessings are to be found and had at the house of God!!!

Philippians 4:4¶Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

5¶Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6¶Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

God seems to want his people to be happy and joyful! He delights to answer prayers and meet our needs! He delights in fellowship with him! He makes it joyful to serve him. As a matter of fact the more you serve him the greater the joy!
God bless you friend have a good day!!

2nd Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

When did God make you new? What is new about you?

@Rasputin_Vol
I’m not exactly sure if this answers your question but here is a response about that passage by Rabbi Solomon. If it’s not what you were looking for let me know and we can get into it a little more.

“I think in order to answer this question, a short detour needs to be taken to John's Gospel, because in it Jesus Christ himself refers to this incident with Moses and the bronze serpent. In John 3:14-15, Jesus tells Nicodemus, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

Then, Jesus continues by noting that out of love God sent His Son into the world to save it, not to condemn it (John 3:16-17). Jesus then says, though, that the world was already condemned: "Whoever believes in him [i.e. the Son, Jesus Christ] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God" (John 3:18).

The point in Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus is that he came into the world to save a world that was already condemned, and that this salvation comes through him being "lifted up." The world, and us in it, are "condemned already" due to the sin of Adam and Eve, and Jesus saves us through his death on the cross (i.e. he was "lifted up"). All who look on Christ in faith receive this redemption from death; those who do not are not condemned by Christ, because they were already condemned due to sin.

So, getting back to Moses and the bronze serpent in the book of Numbers. To put some context around it, the people of Israel had been in slavery in Egypt. Through Moses, the Lord has delivered them up out of slavery, redeeming them from their captivity. He is now leading them to the land He has promised them. Yet, the people continually rebel against the Lord. They finally "spoke against God and against Moses," accusing them of bringing the people out to the wilderness to die. Then, they call the manna which the Lord had been sending them "worthless." Thus, they despise the Lord's grace and mercy in delivering them out of captivity (cf. Numbers 21:4-5).

Therefore, the Lord gives them what their sins deserve: death. He sends "fiery serpents" to them, which bite the people and kill them. Sin came into the world through the serpent, Satan, and now here in Numbers the people are suffering the consequences of sin, namely death; they are "condemned already" (Numbers 21:6-7).

However, the Lord provides a means to save the people. He has Moses make a bronze serpent, the symbol of death, and raise it up on a pole. All who look on it will live (Numbers 21:8-9).

Jesus connects this event with his own crucifixion. He is raised up on the cross to die for our sins. He dies on the symbol of death, apparently "bitten" by the serpent Satan, dying the death we deserve. Yet, through this symbol of death we have life; everyone who looks on the cross of Christ in faith will live, even though we have been bitten by the serpent and are therefore sinners (cf. Numbers 21:9).

That's a lot of words to say basically that Christ interprets the event in Numbers in light of what he came to do; he came to die by being raised up on the cross in order to save people who were "condemned already" by the serpent Satan and the sin he brought into the world. So, what happens in Numbers points forward to what Christ was coming to do on the cross for all people.”

@Rasputin_Vol
I’m not exactly sure if this answers your question but here is a response about that passage by Rabbi Solomon. If it’s not what you were looking for let me know and we can get into it a little more.

“I think in order to answer this question, a short detour needs to be taken to John's Gospel, because in it Jesus Christ himself refers to this incident with Moses and the bronze serpent. In John 3:14-15, Jesus tells Nicodemus, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

Then, Jesus continues by noting that out of love God sent His Son into the world to save it, not to condemn it (John 3:16-17). Jesus then says, though, that the world was already condemned: "Whoever believes in him [i.e. the Son, Jesus Christ] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God" (John 3:18).

The point in Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus is that he came into the world to save a world that was already condemned, and that this salvation comes through him being "lifted up." The world, and us in it, are "condemned already" due to the sin of Adam and Eve, and Jesus saves us through his death on the cross (i.e. he was "lifted up"). All who look on Christ in faith receive this redemption from death; those who do not are not condemned by Christ, because they were already condemned due to sin.

So, getting back to Moses and the bronze serpent in the book of Numbers. To put some context around it, the people of Israel had been in slavery in Egypt. Through Moses, the Lord has delivered them up out of slavery, redeeming them from their captivity. He is now leading them to the land He has promised them. Yet, the people continually rebel against the Lord. They finally "spoke against God and against Moses," accusing them of bringing the people out to the wilderness to die. Then, they call the manna which the Lord had been sending them "worthless." Thus, they despise the Lord's grace and mercy in delivering them out of captivity (cf. Numbers 21:4-5).

Therefore, the Lord gives them what their sins deserve: death. He sends "fiery serpents" to them, which bite the people and kill them. Sin came into the world through the serpent, Satan, and now here in Numbers the people are suffering the consequences of sin, namely death; they are "condemned already" (Numbers 21:6-7).

However, the Lord provides a means to save the people. He has Moses make a bronze serpent, the symbol of death, and raise it up on a pole. All who look on it will live (Numbers 21:8-9).

Jesus connects this event with his own crucifixion. He is raised up on the cross to die for our sins. He dies on the symbol of death, apparently "bitten" by the serpent Satan, dying the death we deserve. Yet, through this symbol of death we have life; everyone who looks on the cross of Christ in faith will live, even though we have been bitten by the serpent and are therefore sinners (cf. Numbers 21:9).

That's a lot of words to say basically that Christ interprets the event in Numbers in light of what he came to do; he came to die by being raised up on the cross in order to save people who were "condemned already" by the serpent Satan and the sin he brought into the world. So, what happens in Numbers points forward to what Christ was coming to do on the cross for all people.”

So what does this have to do with Moses giving out vaccines?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back