The Official Volnation NFL Draft Watch Party 2023 (4/27-4/29)

They have too many needs for the almost no-man’s-land they’re almost in. With only 6 picks, any early picks focused on / devoted to development or “next year” is pretty much a white flag for 2023 with their oline, good WR, and other needs.

I’m in the boat the titans have missed their chance at a Super Bowl in the Tannehill/ Henry era anyways. And Willis ain’t the future in any way shape or form.

With that said, I still think the Seahawks would be phenomenal for Hooker

I’m in the boat the titans have missed their chance at a Super Bowl in the Tannehill/ Henry era anyways. And Willis ain’t the future in any way shape or form.

That’s fine and I understand where you’re coming from, but if that were how the staff felt at all, they would have traded up to get a QB. Clearly they’re still in a sort of “think they can pull off some sort of something this year before our window fully closes” mindsets.

I personally think they have so many holes and contract issues that they’re in no man’s land as far as the NFL goes, but committing to this year in the first pick only to change mid draft and start drafting “for next year” immediately afterward with the rest of the picks is kind of worse than either of the moves individually.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTK

Agreed. Willis was just the wrong pick last year. We had no business drafting a QB in that spot anyway. Just a dumb pick in general. Add in the injury bugs the last two seasons, that window really closed quickly.

While the contracts don't help, I don't think Tannehill's deal is as bad as thought. Like when we signed him, I think no one expected the injury issues for the team and where we are now. This is prolly the worst scenario possible and we wound up there. But if we somehow get back to winning ways and win division this season, I think paying Tannehill what we did for 3 division titles is worth it given our pre Tannehill trend.

Wasn't a great deal we gave him, but when you package that with trading AJ, wasting picks on Malik / Farley, and injuries, the contract numbers look really bad.

Give the poor quality of teams in our division, I don't think we are that far away from getting back to winning 10-12 games and our division.

Our defense is going to be solid as usual. Just need to shore up WR/TE group and linemen.

Reactions: UTK
I’m so upset I can’t even enjoy seeing Levis free falling 📉

Hyatt has to be the next WR taken. I could see the arguments for the 3 taken above him but there isn’t another WR that’s better than him.

Hyatt has to be the next WR taken. I could see the arguments for the 3 taken above him but there isn’t another WR that’s better than him.
Jordan Addison had been taken ahead of him in pretty much every mock draft

Jordan Addison had been taken ahead of him in pretty much every mock draft

Actually that’s true. (Hyatt still better than him or TCU dude ) Honestly I don’t get the TCU guy going ahead of Flowers, Addison, or Hooker.

VN Store

Back