The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Sometimes I think folks can get caught up in winning and losing, not gonna discount it. OTOH, Snead started, I hate Vandy, but it’s valuable experience against a decent team. AJ Russell threw some today. That’s a win for him. We’re Awright!

GBO!!!

Please please please tell me you forgot the blue font. Is this a real post???
Like the next games going to be different? He (CTV) rides who is hot and if not, its the revolving door at the mound. Only hot bats can save that or a hottt pitcher. And we don't have a hottt pitcher.

Like the next games going to be different? He (CTV) rides who is hot and if not, its the revolving door at the mound. Only hot bats can save that or a hottt pitcher. And we don't have a hottt pitcher.

Mods should force you to remove "Baseball" from your username. It implies you have some knowledge of the sport.

a lot of people are, and have been claiming that teams who are thought of as locks to be top NCAA seeds are, for all intensive purposes, not treating conference tournaments as all that important. kinda makes you think that this is not something league offices are very pleased with, so i am wondering if at some point the leagues will get together and make some kind of rule that to be a top 8 seed, you must either have won the regular season or tournament. i think that being a conference champion is how football is deciding byes in the playoff, makes sense if it works out they might apply that to other sports as well

There is no motivation for top-tier teams who've performed well over a 30-game conference schedule to slog
through a tourney that is meaningless for them and only meaningful for those teams desperate to get
in the NCAA. This is why conference tourneys are a joke. We've seen the same thing in basketball for many years.

Reactions: CAVPUT and tn4elvis
There is no motivation for top-tier teams who've performed well over a 30-game conference schedule to slog
through a tourney that is meaningless for them and only meaningful for those teams desperate to get
in the NCAA. This is why conference tourneys are a joke. We've seen the same thing in basketball for many years.
If I understand the changes that are coming next year, it's all single elimination. Nice that we can have a single scrimmage then head back to Knoxville and get ready for the real post season.

Wasn’t directing to you. Was directing to the comment you replied to. 😣

“We better hope we don’t go more than 3 games in regional play. Pitching beyond that is subpar.”

I have no problem with the way Tony went about the Vandy game. We have nothing to gain in Hoover and I agree with you that he used the game to see what he’s got beyond our main guys. In all likelihood, we are going to need them at some point in the postseason.

However, it doesn’t make what I said wrong. Beyond our normal guys, I don’t have much confidence in any of them after, and yesterday’s outings didn’t change that. Going beyond a game 3 will get really dicey for this team. Doesn’t mean we can’t win obviously but it’s a concern.

Getting Russell back and hopefully stretched out a little more will definitely help though.

Reactions: TechnoVol
Sometimes I think folks can get caught up in winning and losing, not gonna discount it. OTOH, Snead started, I hate Vandy, but it’s valuable experience against a decent team. AJ Russell threw some today. That’s a win for him. We’re Awright!

GBO!!!
Having pitched in college and been faced with having to produce a bounce back game., I am fully confident the team and pitching staff will respond today. If there was going to be a flat effort, yesterday was the day to have it. Here comes the run.

VN Store

Back