The Official UGA @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 29 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. March 30 5PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 31 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Some of you hopefully will go back and see how silly some of your comments during games looked in the whole scheme of things. I hate to tell you but we can score runs, we do have pitching just maybe not what you expected. One of the top pitching coaches in the nation (per draft picks and team era), and a pretty successful team. It may not fit into YOUR mindset of baseball but it works. Throw strikes no matter how fast you throw. Hit the ball hard. Some of you are so caught up in your expectations and the hype that a player comes into the program with that you miss the keys to this game. We swing hard. Don't throw strikes can't pitch for Frank. They trust their players, some times it bites them but their overall success is hard to beat. Love me some Vols Baseball. Thanks for those who support my kid. He definitely loves UT.

Some of you hopefully will go back and see how silly some of your comments during games looked in the whole scheme of things. I hate to tell you but we can score runs, we do have pitching just maybe not what you expected. One of the top pitching coaches in the nation (per draft picks and team era), and a pretty successful team. It may not fit into YOUR mindset of baseball but it works. Throw strikes no matter how fast you throw. Hit the ball hard. Some of you are so caught up in your expectations and the hype that a player comes into the program with that you miss the keys to this game. We swing hard. Don't throw strikes can't pitch for Frank. They trust their players, some times it bites them but their overall success is hard to beat. Love me some Vols Baseball. Thanks for those who support my kid. He definitely loves UT.
Your son is what a ball player should be. A team guy who loves the game and plays it the right way. My son and I got to attend a UT game a few weeks ago and he was excited to see Kirby because he has heard me talk about him. My son emulates Kirby on his travel team- he does whatever needed to support his team, whether it be fixing the bats, taking warm ups until the catcher gets there, encouraging teammates when they have a rough time, whatever needs doing. He currently starts at SS, but plays about anywhere. I’ve taught him that is gonna carry him further in life than having talent. Hopefully we’ll get back up there to see him again before the season is over 👍

You know who is here for the right reasons and who understands it all! 7 more big Sec series to go..I love it!

Last edited:
Overall I agree, but stand by my pitching being an issue statement. As it stands, they need an LSU last year type of turn around to win in Omaha. But that’s also within the realm of possibility to happen. A lot of ball between now and June.

Overall I agree, but stand by my pitching being an issue statement. As it stands, they need an LSU last year type of turn around to win in Omaha. But that’s also within the realm of possibility to happen. A lot of ball between now and June.
There is no team as good as LSU was last year…that team with Crews and Skenes is an anomaly…there are prob 10-15 teams that could easily win it all this year. It will be survive and advance. Arkansas is shaping up to be a very fine ball club and Smith is very good and they deserve to be the slight favorites. We are one of the group that can win it all and that is all you can ask for in a sport like baseball. Stay within the top 8…definitely the top 16 and let it ride!

There is no team as good as LSU was last year…that team with Crews and Skenes is an anomaly…there are prob 10-15 teams that could easily win it all this year. It will be survive and advance. Arkansas is shaping up to be a very fine ball club and Smith is very good and they deserve to be the slight favorites. We are one of the group that can win it all and that is all you can ask for in a sport like baseball. Stay within the top 8…definitely the top 16 and let it ride!
This lineup is every bit as good as LSU 2023. We just don’t have Paul Skenes.

VN Store

Back