The Official UGA @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 29 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. March 30 5PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 31 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

We should take 2/3 in Auburn. Let’s start his year 10-5 instead of 5-10 lol
I like how the schedule sets up next 4 weeks. Auburn on road is beatable…struggling LSU comes to town, they will be hunting down wins but we are in the friendly confines of LNS, then we take on what might start being an overconfident Kentucky bunch, followed up with hopefully a sweep of Missouri. We should be able to navigate that stretch with a minimum of 8 wins to setup the stretch run. How many games do you mark us down for in the next 4 series?

Reactions: Volprofch05
I like how the schedule sets up next 4 weeks. Auburn on road is beatable…struggling LSU comes to town, they will be hunting down wins but we are in the friendly confines of LNS, then we take on what might start being an overconfident Kentucky bunch, followed up with hopefully a sweep of Missouri. We should be able to navigate that stretch with a minimum of 8 wins to setup the stretch run. How many games do you mark us down for in the next 4 series?
Yep I like 8. That’s a good number.

Reactions: volplaya8
Absolutely great series win by the Vols! Shoutout to our pitching staff today shutting out the Dogs. They can swing it for sure. I really feel this team is special and will make another run to Omaha. When we get totally healthy, watch out this team is gonna roll. Tony will punch the right buttons until then. Let’s go to Auburn and get a series win or I could be selfish, I want a sweep on the Plains! Go Vols!

Reactions: lukeneyland
Absolutely great series win by the Vols! Shoutout to our pitching staff today shutting out the Dogs. They can swing it for sure. I really feel this team is special and will make another run to Omaha. When we get totally healthy, watch out this team is gonna roll. Tony will punch the right buttons until then. Let’s go to Auburn and get a series win or I could be selfish, I want a sweep on the Plains! Go Vols!
Made my weekend to take the series after they got the first one. Just like Bama did to us. Kinda stung. Hope it stings them, too....a lot.

There is no team as good as LSU was last year…that team with Crews and Skenes is an anomaly…there are prob 10-15 teams that could easily win it all this year. It will be survive and advance. Arkansas is shaping up to be a very fine ball club and Smith is very good and they deserve to be the slight favorites. We are one of the group that can win it all and that is all you can ask for in a sport like baseball. Stay within the top 8…definitely the top 16 and let it ride!
Skenes won them the CWS. Even with Crews, they don’t get there w/o the most dominant pitcher in the last 10 yrs.

Just want to give major props to Zander for his performance today. Literally thought if we could get 3 innings out of him without too much damage it would be a success. To give us 6 innings of shutout ball was just phenomenal.
Kirby and Zander saved any hope we have of winning the SEC. I don't think that's an overstatement. If you can get beat by a team 16-2, you're capable of getting swept. There are so many good teams we would never have had a chance to catch up at 3-6. It will still be very tough to accomplish with all the quality competition but it is still possible.

Exactly…or Crews…I mean cmon he is a top draft pick and a decade plus major league guy. Got to give him his credit. Good kid and family by all accounts as well. I will be following his career closely.
Crews was great but our offense top to bottom I would argue is better. They just had a guaranteed game 1 series win and usually only had to use 2 pitchers to get it.

Crews was great but our offense top to bottom I would argue is better. They just had a guaranteed game 1 series win and usually only had to use 2 pitchers to get it.
Definitely splitting hairs…I hate they went out and bought Skenes but don’t want to discount other guys they had. Never easy winning it all, having the top two draft picks certainly helps. Saw today Skenes was throwing like 101 and gave up nothing. He will be in Pittsburgh very soon.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols
I love the way we got those 2 wins on Saturday and Sunday in totally different ways. Smash ball on Saturday and an incredibly artistic display of pitching Sunday by Zander and Nate. Of course, the job Kirby did Saturday was incredibly good.

Georgia absolutely barrels a ton of bats. After looking at the entire weekend series, is it better to throw a ton of off speed with fastballs sprinkled in against SEC hitters? It seems to me Beam tries to establish the fastball first and foremost, then keeps them honest with off speed stuff. I love the way Zander and Kirby pitch which, at least this weekend, kept Georgia guessing.

I love the way we got those 2 wins on Saturday and Sunday in totally different ways. Smash ball on Saturday and an incredibly artistic display of pitching Sunday by Zander and Nate. Of course, the job Kirby did Saturday was incredibly good.

Georgia absolutely barrels a ton of bats. After looking at the entire weekend series, is it better to throw a ton of off speed with fastballs sprinkled in against SEC hitters? It seems to me Beam tries to establish the fastball first and foremost, then keeps them honest with off speed stuff. I love the way Zander and Kirby pitch which, at least this weekend, kept Georgia guessing.
Our worst pitcher to face would be a player like Kirby and Zander which was Friday night guy for UGA. We rarely struggle with the hard throwing rightie but the soft leftie kills us and I'm sure it is the same with everyone.

I think Zander has earned the right to be our Sunday starter for the time being.

Certainly. That’s for sure and I’m not sure moving him up would be out of the question, we shall see. CTV, last few postgames keeps saying guys are sore, maybe there’s stuff we don’t know.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The conference gave the award to a Vandy pitcher…you have got to be kidding me. Barring a perfect game, anything against Mizzou should not be given that kind of merit.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back