The Official Thread of "Da Bears"

So did I read this right. The Bears gave up a second rounder for Sweat and he is in the final 6 months of his rookie contract? Doesn't seem smart to me. Sweats camp now hold all the negotiating cards as the Bears can ill afford to give up back to back early 2nd rounders for nothing.

So did I read this right. The Bears gave up a second rounder for Sweat and he is in the final 6 months of his rookie contract? Doesn't seem smart to me. Sweats camp now hold all the negotiating cards as the Bears can ill afford to give up back to back early 2nd rounders for nothing.

Only makes it a little better, but I think they can franchise him one season at least.

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
Watching the game last night with my son, "Ok, now all Fields needs to do is NOT turn the ball over. A field goal ices this." Fumble. I start simmering in silence. Me: "Now they will drive and score the go ahead TD. Then Fields will turn it over again. They will kick a field goal to go up 13-9. We will drive and make it interesting only to not score a TD and lose."

That was so close to happening and then didn't. I am so happy we have Cairo. I think he's the best kicker in the NFL.

One more thing. This Bears team is a QB, LT, and Eddie Jackson replacement away from contending. I wouldn't mind another top shelf DB either. Pace should be able to address all of that in the first 2 rounds of the next draft. If Caleb Williams or Drake Maye prove to be as good as advertised, the Bears could have something very special for a decade.

Reactions: Plecoptera
One more thing. This Bears team is a QB, LT, and Eddie Jackson replacement away from contending. I wouldn't mind another top shelf DB either. Pace should be able to address all of that in the first 2 rounds of the next draft. If Caleb Williams or Drake Maye prove to be as good as advertised, the Bears could have something very special for a decade.

I've accepted the fact that the Bears will never have a great QB. Just get a mediocre one and build another great defense.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I've accepted the fact that the Bears will never have a great QB. Just get a mediocre one and build another great defense.

You guys really didn't want to win yesterday. I think the move is to trade back again. In a perfect world, you would take MHjr, Latu, or Fashanu with your second pick, and trade back with the Panthers pick and get Nix, Penix, or Daniels + a ton of draft capital.

Fields has the rest of the season to convince Poles to go with MHJ and best available LT…Fashunu or Alt. Now to decide who coaches them.

Reactions: knoxvol52
We now have two more wins than least year with 4 to play. We’re capable of winning all. Realistically 2-2 and finish with 7 wins. This paves the way for a great draft and ability to attract free agents. We fleeced Carolina and I hope we do another team the same come draft day.

We now have two more wins than least year with 4 to play. We’re capable of winning all. Realistically 2-2 and finish with 7 wins. This paves the way for a great draft and ability to attract free agents. We fleeced Carolina and I hope we do another team the same come draft day.
On Bleacher Report, some “fans” are whining about winning ruining the order of draft picks. We got house money with Carolina’s most likely being first overall…and still having a lot of talent options with the second 1st. Poles has proven adept at collecting picks both present and future. Could see a really good edge like Verse available in the mid to later slots. Pair that type with Sweat and replace Jackson and we’re cooking imo!

On Bleacher Report, some “fans” are whining about winning ruining the order of draft picks. We got house money with Carolina’s most likely being first overall…and still having a lot of talent options with the second 1st. Poles has proven adept at collecting picks both present and future. Could see a really good edge like Verse available in the mid to later slots. Pair that type with Sweat and replace Jackson and we’re cooking imo!
Yeah, trade it. If Justin doesn’t develop like Lamar we can get a stud QB in two years with our massive war chest under the cap in free agency. Let’s get a team desperate for a QB to give us their 1, 2 (or 3), and 1 next year. Let’s get one more WR, OL, Safety (Jackson) and compete.

Reactions: butchna
Yeah, trade it. If Justin doesn’t develop like Lamar we can get a stud QB in two years with our massive war chest under the cap in free agency. Let’s get a team desperate for a QB to give us their 1, 2 (or 3), and 1 next year. Let’s get one more WR, OL, Safety (Jackson) and compete.
And errybody’s all or nothing on MHJ, but there are 2-3 who would pair perfectly with DJ Moore…Nabers and Obunze to name two. My ideal would be MHJ first and John Alt second, but trade down and target some different edge options opposite Sweat and a ballhawk safety opposite Brisker. Would love a good running back after the third round. If Fields were to implode these last four games, wouldn’t hate whoever slips amongst Penix, McCarthy or Nix for future comp. Just personal thoughts.

And errybody’s all or nothing on MHJ, but there are 2-3 who would pair perfectly with DJ Moore…Nabers and Obunze to name two. My ideal would be MHJ first and John Alt second, but trade down and target some different edge options opposite Sweat and a ballhawk safety opposite Brisker. Would love a good running back after the third round. If Fields were to implode these last four games, wouldn’t hate whoever slips amongst Penix, McCarthy or Nix for future comp. Just personal thoughts.
You can NEVER go wrong by drafting LSU wide receivers.

VN Store

Back