The Official Tennessee vs. UAB Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

I can't explain why Maurer, who has moved the ball more effectively than anyone, is not on the field. Don't say he's healthy and then bench your best QB.

If your best QB has been hurt and you need him to win your last 3 conference games and you believe you can win this game without him, wouldn’t it be reasonable to rest him another week? Head injuries / concussions are nothing to mess around with - one more and he’s probably done for the season.

Reactions: GBOx2
Now you're just being dishonest. I would grant that there may not be much difference right now between Maurer and Shrout, but anyone who watched the game last week and says with a straight face that Shrout can't be trusted is just being willfully disingenuous. He went 7-11 for 122 yards, a 55-yard TD and no interceptions, with an 11.1-yard average per pass and a 64% completion rate. He looked better the second time he ever got significant snaps than JG looks after three years, and light years better than JG did when he had only gotten a comparable number of snaps.

To say Shrout can't be trusted is simply lying. Are you related to JG? Not much other explanation at this point.
Dude, you don’t read well, AT ALL. I said “Pruitt didn’t trust him” after that throw back over the middle that nearly got picked. Here’s your proof......
507A4155-9D43-40A7-9DC5-E98B3634A740.png

It doesn’t matter what you or I think or how Shrout played last week, which was very good. Based on how Shrout started the game, Pruitt didn’t trust him and pulled him. It’s that simple.

Hey Sara , I will donate $20 to your favorite charity if you ask him how many times that he has had his hubcaps stolen attending games at the “palace “ that is Legion Field ? Pretty sure that place was condemned back in the Clinton years .
I might have did one even better. When the WR thought he got the first down:
Dude behind me(important to know he played for UAB a few years back) He starts yelling "take that TN"
I turned around and said "in the SEC, we have a rule, you have to make it to the first down marker." He looked confused, that is until he realized his player only got to the line of scrimmage marker. lol, lol, lol, he was a smart a$$ punk the entire game.

"Dude, you don’t read well, AT ALL. I said “Pruitt didn’t trust him” after that throw back over the middle that nearly got picked. Here’s your proof......"

Well let’s see. Pruitt isn’t letting him throw it and I, personally, don’t trust him to throw it either. So the argument holds water like a 5 gallon bucket Chief. Also add in his first throw of the game which should’ve been picked when he threw it back across his body, and another throw that should’ve easily been picked when he threw into to double coverage.

Also, hyperbole much? The last 3 years? Stop it. JG clearly ain’t the answer but Shrout while talented with a strong arm, certainly doesn’t looks like it yet either. It’s beyond clear that Maurer is the best QB on this roster, sure hope he’s healthy and Pruitt is just saving him for the 3 game stretch to end the season....we’re gonna badly need him.
Actually, you didn't mention anything at all about the bad throw - you spoke in general terms, which is as different from speaking specifically as the difference between saying, "All SEC teams are playoff contenders," and, "two and possibly three SEC teams are playoff contenders." One makes sense, and one is just dumb like your general statement was.

"Dude, you don’t read well, AT ALL. I said “Pruitt didn’t trust him” after that throw back over the middle that nearly got picked. Here’s your proof......"

Actually, you didn't mention anything at all about the bad throw - you spoke in general terms, which is as different from speaking specifically as the difference between saying, "All SEC teams are playoff contenders," and, "two and possibly three SEC teams are playoff contenders." One makes sense, and one is just dumb like your general statement was.
What in the world are you talking about. I didn’t speak in general terms at all, I referenced his first throw specifically.....and then Pruitt did the same in his post game presser. Dude, please read what I type before responding, would ya?

Bottom line, despite how well Shrout played vs Scar, which I thought was very good, all it took was one bad decision, one bad throw....the one I wrote about specifically....for Pruitt to pull him. Hence, the reason why I said Pruitt didn’t trust him.

I might have did one even better. When the WR thought he got the first down:
Dude behind me(important to know he played for UAB a few years back) He starts yelling "take that TN"
I turned around and said "in the SEC, we have a rule, you have to make it to the first down marker." He looked confused, that is until he realized his player only got to the line of scrimmage marker. lol, lol, lol, he was a smart a$$ punk the entire game.
3B2579CB-DCF1-4DDC-9AF0-D6E7395D91B0.gif

VN Store

Back