The Official Tennessee vs. UAB Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Want to see a dominant performance on the field today for 4 quarters. We can do it. UAB is a decent enough but haven’t seen SEC size and speed. Now granted we don’t have it all over the field but we have it where it matters. GBO!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Good morning Volunteers! I'm back from my 15 days journey to Europe, I did wear any Tennessee stuff on my trip because I did Not want to have any conversations about the Alabama and South Carolina games ( I hate knowing the outcome of a game before I watch it). I was able to avoid knowing the scores although my wife pointed out every Tennessee fan at all the airports and one in France, I'd say "keep walking woman" lol.

Loved our play against the yardbird, great game. The Bama game was better than I expected.
Glad to be back, hope our men come out tonight and play their hearts out. Got a few UAB fans down here saying they got this however I've not been to work in a few weeks and we seem to be playing better

Which Volunteer team shows up tonight, I'm hoping a mean Volunteer crew does

Go Big Orange!

Oh, you will love Normandy if you go. France is the cleanest place I've ever been to. Drove from Paris to Normandy and a total of 1,100 miles, seen two pieces of trash on the roads.

Rome, people their suck lol, Florence was cool, Venice is pretty but its Gatlinburg on water... tourist central

Reactions: BigBadVol
I think they hang around for prolly a half and we pull away. They’ve played nobody. We’ll get their best shot I think but it won’t be near enough

Honestly if the GA State game never happened I would agree with people about it being a close game, but there is zero chance in hell we don't just go out there and whoop that ass imo with how the teams bought in. UAB simply ain't good enough to keep up with the team we have seen as of late.

Honestly if the GA State game never happened I would agree with people about it being a close game, but there is zero chance in hell we don't just go out there and whoop that ass imo with how the teams bought in. UAB simply ain't good enough to keep up with the team we have seen as of late.
Well that Georgia State game, as bad as is pissed me off, may have been a blessing in disguise. After that I don’t think this team overlooks a single opponent and same goes for this staff. I don’t wanna say there’s zero chance, there’s always a chance but I’m like you, the team we’ve seen these last few weeks is completely different than what we seen to start the season. I would say this is the most important of the next 4 because we win this one, we have a mulligan to take if needed and with Missouri up next that could come in handy. We drop this one and it’s going to be hard to win the next 3 in a row. I absolutely think we can win out though.

Exactly what I’m thinking. People that are calling this a trap game are insane considering what happened in the beginning of the season against GSU and BYU.

Two CBS TalkingHeads Predicted a Uab upset. The SEC network guys; Chizik and Dorning says UT by 10-14. These guys are more in the know. CD is very good.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I mean sure if we somehow win out and win a bowl it’s gonna be tough to think we could have won 10.

Yes. But the Team has moved on. WE Will forever bemoan those losses. That's what fans do. GO VOLS.. OH, and Desmond Howard?? Can't put a sentence together without garbling the words. And they are Fed to him. NOT IMPRESSED At All.

Last edited:
I mean sure if we somehow win out and win a bowl it’s gonna be tough to think we could have won 10.
I’m not gonna be that caught up in it. I mean it would have been nice but realistically all I expected this season was a bowl game. 7-5 or maybe 8-4. Even at 6-6 and the way we have played down this stretch it’s been steady improvement. That’s really all I wanted to see this season

Vols win big against overrated Blazers!
***Did you know UAB received 3 points in the Coaches poll this week and are ranked 35th in the country?
giphy (1).gif

VN Store

Back