The Official Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN+ (SEC Network+)

It's the feel of the game not the score. The second half needs to be solid. Two fourth down attempts have been required. Against Tennessee Tech, that shouldn't be needed.
You know, there are division 1 athletes trying to stop us from moving the ball right? Our O line hasn’t exactly been stellar, we’re banged up there, and trying to figure out the best combo. This is a good game for figuring things out. We are going to win easily. It might not be 109-0 like you want but it’ll be an easy win.

Reactions: irish1485
I just get this bad feeling that Hooker, running like he does with the ball, is gonna get hit hard and cough it up a few times this year.

Lol, not very good logic since we've watched 2 coaches here put worse QBs in the starting spot.

Heupel has seen him in practice.

Not to mention Butch & JP are gone.

He doesn’t fit this offense. It’s pretty obvious.

Maybe you should have went to the walk-on tryouts then… there’s a reason heupel has had a top 10 offense for the past 5 years

Maybe you should have went to the walk-on tryouts then… there’s a reason heupel has had a top 10 offense for the past 5 years

Lol. Yea it’s call playing in the American Athletic conference.

Hooker is not doing a great job of separating himself from Milton.
Disagree. Milton is mobile but not elusive. Plus he's what I call a shy runner. I think Hooker is far better at running when the pocket breaks down.

Reactions: vol.E
I’ve convinced myself part of the reason we haven’t seen Bailey is the pure fear Huepel has of what happens if he comes in and lights it up.

You’re probably right and I still think that’s a lot of why Butch didn’t play Dobbs until he had to. He knew he went with the wrong QB and wanted to keep his pride.

I see Milton and hooker the same. Both can’t throw, and hooker will absolutely cough the ball up running like this against Georgia, Florida and bama

Ehhh. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Hooker has better touch on his balls overall… and he doesn’t clinch up and look like he’s scared to get hit when he runs. He’s more elusive when he hits the hole.

I DO agree Hooker has a turnover issue so far but Milton also fumbled the ball last week I believe. From their collegiate body of work, qb ratings, etc…I’d start Hooker all day everyday over Milton. I’d love to see Milton blow it up…but the boy just ain’t got it from what the data (and the in game performance) tells me….

Why the hell is this board always so obsessed with the backup QB. Hell when I was in school Kurston Biggers won Spring Game MVP every year and had about 4 career carries. Nobody was pining for him to get more carries either year.
Kurston Biggers was always overrated.

I'm not sure how UT has been so unlucky hiring coaches the last decade? They should have just came here during each search since everyone here seems to know more than the coaches who have played P5 ball, coached at P5 schools and are in practice everyday....

VN Store

Back