The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

James is leading us in scoring and Pons is protecting the paint. We needs one of our leading scorers to get hot in the 2nd half. If Keon, Bailey, or Jaden go off for about 20 this game is ours.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I’m a little concerned that the lead isn’t bigger than 9 considering how well the defense played. Hopefully the offense picks it up because I don’t think Florida is going to shoot this poorly again. Tre Mann isn’t going to go scoreless.

Refs had such a bad end to the half. Foul on Pons was fake/opposite, Foul on Fulk was real, Keon’s travel was not (probably was in fact actually a foul on the FL player hugging him)

Refs were just all around bad, which really is no surprise
Yeah, generally agree. I wouldn’t have complained without the fake Pons call tho unless they did more egregious things. Something that bad deserves a makeup call

I don't like that Lewis basically got to absolutely hang all over everyone and just bulldoze Pons. The fact he played the way he did and only had 2 fouls called on him was laughable.

Still maybe Florida being so chippy lights a fighter for the team in the 2nd half and we run 'em outta the gym. To be up by 9 with our 3 leading scorers not scoring has me feeling pretty good.

Florida with 9 first half turnovers and terrible shooting. Volts going to have to pick it up in the second half because I doubt the Gators play another half like that one

Florida with 9 first half turnovers and terrible shooting. Volts going to have to pick it up in the second half because I doubt the Gators play another half like that one

They're not far off their averages on TOs and shooting from 3, maybe...we're pretty good on defense when fresh? We've played 2 games in the last 2 weeks, this is their 4th.

Cmon - we missed some good looks in that stretch

Missing good looks is part of the offensive mess I was talking about. It’s fine. It happens! But these long, cold spells are a theme and it’s now put up or shut up mode in March so we gotta cut out these long stretches with no points.

15 threes in 1H
Can't shoot 30 in a game especially if quick in the possessions
Otherwise, Go Vols

I’m convinced they called that Euro-step on KJ because the contact by the Florida player slowed it down and made it more obvious. I feel like the refs base whether they will call something or not on how obvious it is.

Reactions: Lankykong

VN Store

Back