The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

He’s not what’s holding us back. Plenty of QBs equal or worse have won and will win. Matthew Stafford being one of them
Wow. You are a stunningly bad evaluator of QB talent. Stafford isn't great, but he's definitely better than Tannehill.

Coach is an overachiever
...which is the worst case scenario. The Titans are deprived of talent at key positions. Vrabel is such a good coach that he usually has them somewhere around 0.500 winning percentage every year even with a lack of talent on the roster. Therefore, they never get the top draft pick needed to land top flight players that would allow them to turn the team around. Being middle of the pack is the worst.

Wow. You are a stunningly bad evaluator of QB talent. Stafford isn't great, but he's definitely better than Tannehill.

Is he?

Tale of the career tape:

Comp % - Stafford 63.2 Tannehill 64.3
Wins - Stafford 89 Tannehill 78 (Stafford has 4 more seasons)
TD % - Stafford 4.7 Tannehill 4.7
INT % - Stafford 2.4 Tannehill 2.4
Yards/ATT - Stafford 7.3 Tannehill 7.3
Rating - Stafford 90.9 Tannehill 91.9
Peak QBR - Stafford 71.3 (2019 where he only played 8 games) Tannehill 72.6 (2020 where he played 16 games)

I'd say they are about the same. People think Stafford is great because he threw a crap ton in a dome.

Is he?

Tale of the career tape:

Comp % - Stafford 63.2 Tannehill 64.3
Wins - Stafford 89 Tannehill 78 (Stafford has 4 more seasons)
TD % - Stafford 4.7 Tannehill 4.7
INT % - Stafford 2.4 Tannehill 2.4
Yards/ATT - Stafford 7.3 Tannehill 7.3
Rating - Stafford 90.9 Tannehill 91.9
Peak QBR - Stafford 71.3 (2019 where he only played 8 games) Tannehill 72.6 (2020 where he played 16 games)

I'd say they are about the same. People think Stafford is great because he threw a crap ton in a dome.

If I was picking between the two for the 2023 season, I would pick Ryan.

VN Store

Back