MyCole Pruitt - TE

Tajae Sharpe - WR

LeShaun Sims - CB

Tye Smith - CB

Reggie Gilbert - DE

Cameron Batson - WR

Anthony Firkser
Going to be a new team next year.

In the past I would agree but I don't think that's what AAS & J. Robinson want. They want the Titans to be one of the top tier franchises in the league. If it isn't Vrabel will be moving on to a more high profile job as soon as he can possibly NE to replace Belichick.
I think that's what they say but actions are mixed. I think they want to be competitive without opening the checkbook completely. They will try to skimp here and there and I believe this season gives them reason to think they can. I think we caught two flawed teams and our strengths matched well against their weaknesses. But the best teams will still beat us because they have more than one true weapon with speed or a defense built to shut down teams with elite threats. Unfortunately speed and a true passing threat are our kryptonite, have been all year.

Last edited:
Clearly we should have blitzed more, far more. Probably would've gotten a couple more stops and been able to run Henry in the 2nd half and might have won.

Pees was terrible.
He wasn't great tonight but he's the only reason we were as good as we were at manufacturing a pass rush this season. What he was able to do was remarkable considering we whiffed at pass rushers.

I still say if you can get a modest 3-4 year deal for Tannehill that’s probably the way to go. Beef up the pass rush and it’s still a winning team. Give Henry a top 5 RB contract, but nothing outrageous. If he’s asking for blockbuster money, I say tag him.

We already opted out of Conklin’s 5YO I believe, but I’d like to have he and Logan Ryan back if possible. Both are above average starters.

All in all there is a window for this team to solidify itself for a few years, but this is a big offseason.

I keep those in bold and franchise tag either Tannehill or Henry this season.

Everyone else walks I might keep Jennings for kick return but Raymond probably gets that job now. The only other one I might keep is Austin Johnson.
You would sign Conklin to a long term deal?

I still say if you can get a modest 3-4 year deal for Tannehill that’s probably the way to go. Beef up the pass rush and it’s still a winning team. Give Henry a top 5 RB contract, but nothing outrageous. If he’s asking for blockbuster money, I say tag him.

We already opted out of Conklin’s 5YO I believe, but I’d like to have he and Logan Ryan back if possible. Both are above average starters.

All in all there is a window for this team to solidify itself for a few years, but this is a big offseason.
We need upgrades at linebacker, wide receiver, a second running back, depth on OL, TE and if the right guy is available at corner, we need to add speed on the defense.

Sign Tannehill to a 4 year deal. Draft a development QB sometime in the next 3 drafts. Tag or sign Henry subject to cost. If multi-year is too rich, they have two drafts to find a high quality replacement that has a running style to fit the line's ability as well as scheme. This nucleus is in their prime playoff years. This is not a rebuild situation - this is a tweak situation.

IMO Ryan is not worth the money. He shrinks against quality TE's and slots. Conklin is just a mid-peer, so say bye or sign reasonable. Sign Correa (big upside), Kelly, Brock, Firkser, Sims, Smith, and maybe Sharpe. I'm shopping elsewhere on the rest. I want a quality TE that can do it all, not be situational all the time. Draft, FA - don't care. Edge rusher, TE, NB/Star, O-line, possible RB, speed receiver through FA and draft.

For reference, the franchise tag value for QB is projected (at this point) to be around $27.07 mil and the franchise tag value for RB is projected to be around $10.37 mil.

(Note: Apparently this being the 10th year of the NFL's CBA, it allows for teams to place both a franchise tag AND a transition tag

Transition tags allow the player tagged to still negotiate with other teams, but the team that tagged them has the option to match whatever the other team offers...these values are $25.062 mil for QB tag and $8.56 mil for RB)

I keep those in bold and franchise tag either Tannehill or Henry this season.

Everyone else walks I might keep Jennings for kick return but Raymond probably gets that job now. The only other one I might keep is Austin Johnson.

The franchise tag value for QB is projected (at this point) to be around $27.07 mil and the franchise tag value for RB is projected to be around $10.37 mil.

(Apparently this being the 10th year of the NFL's CBA, it allows for teams to place both a franchise tag AND a transition tag. Transition tags allow the player tagged to still negotiate with other teams, but the team that tagged them has the option to match whatever the other team offers...these values are $25.062 mil for QB tag and $8.56 mil for RB).

We need upgrades at linebacker, wide receiver, a second running back, depth on OL, TE and if the right guy is available at corner, we need to add speed on the defense.

I like our receivers. We’ll probably need another body if Sharpe walks, but that’s nothing a 5-7 rounder couldn’t fix. I like our linebackers too, but we could use a pass rusher there. Evans and Brown are both quality starters. Landry still might come into his own, but he was very inconsistent this year. He was supposed to be our pass rushing ace.

Agreed on backup RB. I expected so much more from the Dion Lewis signing. It was actually my favorite off season move a couple years ago, but he’s pretty much been a ghost his entire time here.

Our TEs are solid but none are game changers. Definitely no Delaney Walker in that group we finished the year with. Even still, I’m not too concerned there. Smith is no Walker, but he’s beyond serviceable. The other guys are interchangeable in this offense.

As for the secondary, there aren’t many units I would trade Jackson, Ryan, Vacarro, and Byard for, but if we don’t bring Ryan back it definitely becomes a question. Also wouldn’t hurt to add some quality depth. Big drop off in that unit when Butler went down, and I believe he’s a FA.

I’m most concerned with upgrading our pass rush and what we decide to do with our “big names” (Tannehill, Henry, Ryan, etc.) It’s crazy as a fan getting attached to all these guys, but from a front office perspective, you just really don’t know if this group has another run like that in them.

Sign Tannehill to a 4 year deal. Draft a development QB sometime in the next 3 drafts. Tag or sign Henry subject to cost. If multi-year is too rich, they have two drafts to find a high quality replacement that has a running style to fit the line's ability as well as scheme. This nucleus is in their prime playoff years. This is not a rebuild situation - this is a tweak situation.

IMO Ryan is not worth the money. He shrinks against quality TE's and slots. Conklin is just a mid-peer, so say bye or sign reasonable. Sign Correa (big upside), Kelly, Brock, Firkser, Sims, Smith, and maybe Sharpe. I'm shopping elsewhere on the rest. I want a quality TE that can do it all, not be situational all the time. Draft, FA - don't care. Edge rusher, TE, NB/Star, O-line, possible RB, speed receiver through FA and draft.

I think they could get a quality multi-year deal with Henry. I really do think they need to keep him because he is phenom of size and speed BUT I think they need to invest in a multidimensional complimentary back similar to Kamara, Mostart, Miles Sanders skillset or more hopefully a talent like McCaffrey, Barkley, etc.

I do think they'll need one more WR in their rotation to go along with Brown and Davis and this draft class has plenty of talent. Hopefully, they can pick up a solid pass catching TE.

But I agree with your assessment.

EDIT: They should re-sign Tannehill but draft a QB with a high coachable ceiling.

DE, Oline, maybe find another good WR. Davis has been kind of a disappointment. Could use another TE. I'd try to sign Tanneyhill to a 3 or 4 year deal. Henry, just pay him for now. He's too much of the offense to try and replace. We need a good compliment runningback..Lewis will be gone.

I think J. Smith was a huge surprise this season. Might also be the fastest TE in the league. Has great hands. I think he has potential to be better than Walker.

Tannehill will be who he is. He will settle back into the mediocre NFL QB he has been elsewhere. And Murphy's Law says Mariota will be a very good QB once they ditch him.

I think J. Smith was a huge surprise this season. Might also be the fastest TE in the league. Has great hands. I think he has potential to be better than Walker.

Needs to work on his blocking but no reason to keep Walker. Jonu has shown enough to be the main TE.

Tannehill will be who he is. He will settle back into the mediocre NFL QB he has been elsewhere. And Murphy's Law says Mariota will be a very good QB once they ditch him.
Mariota will be a back up and gimic player. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in New England running trick plays.

I like our receivers. We’ll probably need another body if Sharpe walks, but that’s nothing a 5-7 rounder couldn’t fix. I like our linebackers too, but we could use a pass rusher there. Evans and Brown are both quality starters. Landry still might come into his own, but he was very inconsistent this year. He was supposed to be our pass rushing ace.

Agreed on backup RB. I expected so much more from the Dion Lewis signing. It was actually my favorite off season move a couple years ago, but he’s pretty much been a ghost his entire time here.

Our TEs are solid but none are game changers. Definitely no Delaney Walker in that group we finished the year with. Even still, I’m not too concerned there. Smith is no Walker, but he’s beyond serviceable. The other guys are interchangeable in this offense.

As for the secondary, there aren’t many units I would trade Jackson, Ryan, Vacarro, and Byard for, but if we don’t bring Ryan back it definitely becomes a question. Also wouldn’t hurt to add some quality depth. Big drop off in that unit when Butler went down, and I believe he’s a FA.

I’m most concerned with upgrading our pass rush and what we decide to do with our “big names” (Tannehill, Henry, Ryan, etc.) It’s crazy as a fan getting attached to all these guys, but from a front office perspective, you just really don’t know if this group has another run like that in them.

I'm telling you after watching Brown I'm convinced that if we added a true number 1 receiver with speed to take off the top it would make Brown that much better. I'm ok with slot but another true threat with some size on the outside would be a plus if it were there.

Yeah, pass rusher is what we need at linebacker and honestly I would prefer to have two. Wasnt a big fan of the move to get Landry, that was a reach IMO when we did it considering what we gave up.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back