The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Apparently Marcus is up to 230 lbs. I know he’s listed at 222, but I think he’s actually been playing closer to 215 the last couple of years if I remember right. Anyway, that’s a decent bulk up. Hopefully will help some with his durability.

Apparently Mariota looked less than stellar today in mini camp

Kuharsky said he was straight up awful.

I’m not gonna make too big a deal over one minicamp practice, but looking that bad in shorts is never a good sign.

Gotta keep the silver lining in the back of our minds though: if Mariota completely bombs this year, it just means we get to fall ass backwards into another rookie contract...with a good roster this time.

Reactions: Vol$_Deep_11_9
Kuharsky said he was straight up awful.

I’m not gonna make too big a deal over one minicamp practice, but looking that bad in shorts is never a good sign.

Gotta keep the silver lining in the back of our minds though: if Mariota completely bombs this year, it just means we get to fall ass backwards into another rookie contract...with a good roster this time.
Agreed. Way too early to hit the panic button. Either way I am not sure he’ll be here next year. I like him and think he’s gritty when he’s actually healthy but I don’t think management agrees with me. I know many on here don’t either. It’s time to put up or shut up for him though.

Reactions: orangepridenation
Agreed. Way too early to hit the panic button. Either way I am not sure he’ll be here next year. I like him and think he’s gritty when he’s actually healthy but I don’t think management agrees with me. I know many on here don’t either. It’s time to put up or shut up for him though.

Agreed. He’s shown some grit and has been very clutch, almost disproportionately, throughout his early career, and I still think his biggest problems stem from the lack of stability this organization has given him. But it’s still on him to finally get it together this season.

One thing I’ll say, I hope he either lights it up this year or totally sucks ass. Anything in between and I fear we might be stuck paying franchise QB money to a bottom half starter.

Agreed. He’s shown some grit and has been very clutch, almost disproportionately, throughout his early career, and I still think his biggest problems stem from the lack of stability this organization has given him. But it’s still on him to finally get it together this season.

One thing I’ll say, I hope he either lights it up this year or totally sucks ass. Anything in between and I fear we might be stuck paying franchise QB money to a bottom half starter.
I enjoy watching him when he’s playing well but when he is bad, he’s bad. Most guys in a contract year come out and light it up, I’m gonna hope for that but if not I agree with you 100%.

Marcus is very good with hiting a receiver wide open on short and intermediate routes. Problem is in the NFL receivers usually aren't wide open. He doesn't see plays develop very well and struggles to throw receivers open.

He has this year to put it together. I just don't see it happening but adding another threat on the outside and a slot may may spark something. We'll know halfway through this season of he's here next year imo.

This team could easily start out 0-5 if Mariota doesn't play well. We should know when they get back from Denver if he's going to be around next year.

I gotta be honest. I'm not expecting much from the offense this year since they decided to go with a first timer at OC.

He will show up when it counts.. coming from someone who has been critical of him.
I hope he does. I like the guy, I like watching him in the clutch. I just don’t know that he’s a “franchise” guy is all. Granted that type only comes around so often.

Been awful quite in here lately. PFF has our O-Line ranked 4th entering the season.
4. TENNESSEE TITANS
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:
Left Tackle: Taylor Lewan
Left Guard: Rodger Saffold
Center: Ben Jones
Right Guard: Nate Davishttps://www.pff.com/nfl/players/corey-levin/11972
Right Tackle: Jack Conklin
The Titans were a well balanced offensive line in 2018 and look to carry that success into the upcoming year. Taylor Lewan continues to be the anchor at left tackle, and the addition of guard Rodger Saffold should only improve this unit as he finished last season with the fifth-highest run-blocking grade at his position.

VN Store

Back