The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Overall good draft IMO. Holes are at C with Jones out after this season and at TE. Add in this is MM's make or break.

Nate Davis might end up being one of our better draft selections. I think he’ll end up contributing a lot over the next few years, maybe even starting this season.

Just got back from Nashville and I had a hell of a time, the city put on a heck of party. Overall I'm pretty pleased with our draft class as a whole. The only two positions failed to address was center & TE but we can do that next year.

Reactions: Vols4us
Dane Brugler of The Athletic graded the Titans draft as 4th best. Just behind Washington, Buffalo, and Arizona, all of which had 2-5 more picks than the Titans. He had them with zero questionable picks - the only team he stated that. He thought every pick was at or better than his value. This is how he ranked every team and did not use trade pieces they may have acquired.. He had Brown being his favorite pick and Walker as the one who could surprise. He had him at a top 50 grade. His off season hernia surgery kept him out of work outs, which dropped his draft stock.

Brugler knows his stuff. A big well done to JR and CMV.

Does he? He had a fairly common injury for his position, was rushed back, and got injured again.
I'm not sure that makes him injury prone unless I'm forgetting more injuries.

That's my opinion as well. They clearly rushed him back and it headed downhill.

Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin injury update

Having an ACL reconstruction personally, I can attest that most people do not fully recover for one-two years. That 6-9 months stuff is BS. Some are freaks physically and get there in 9-12 months, but not most people. Conk was normal and had a setback by coming back too soon. With this being the last year on his contract they will get his best efforts and make a determination later. If he isn't getting it done, Kelly will step in and they will draft a replacement or sign a quality FA.

Reactions: Grudenator
Maybe I’m being dramatic, but my issue with the Conklin news is that we basically used 3 draft picks to get him. Gave up two to trade up and then obviously used a top 10 pick to select him. If all we end up getting out of it are a solid rookie and sophomore season, that’s a major screw up on this organization’s part, especially if it’s all because he was rushed back from an injury.

We were supposed to have our bookend tackle spots sewn up for the next decade, and it looked like we did. Having Dennis Kelly softens the blow in a big way, but Conklin had the makings of a perennial all-pro talent. I hope he balls out this season and forces a blockbuster contract either here or elsewhere.

Maybe I’m being dramatic, but my issue with the Conklin news is that we basically used 3 draft picks to get him. Gave up two to trade up and then obviously used a top 10 pick to select him. If all we end up getting out of it are a solid rookie and sophomore season, that’s a major screw up on this organization’s part, especially if it’s all because he was rushed back from an injury.

We were supposed to have our bookend tackle spots sewn up for the next decade, and it looked like we did. Having Dennis Kelly softens the blow in a big way, but Conklin had the makings of a perennial all-pro talent. I hope he balls out this season and forces a blockbuster contract either here or elsewhere.
IIRC, switching to a zone blocking scheme also hurt him because he is more suited to a man blocking scheme. We took him when the offense was more catered to his skill set so he may always have a harder time even if healthy, hard to tell just yet. I hope he balls out.

That's my opinion as well. They clearly rushed him back and it headed downhill.

Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin injury update

Having an ACL reconstruction personally, I can attest that most people do not fully recover for one-two years. That 6-9 months stuff is BS. Some are freaks physically and get there in 9-12 months, but not most people. Conk was normal and had a setback by coming back too soon. With this being the last year on his contract they will get his best efforts and make a determination later. If he isn't getting it done, Kelly will step in and they will draft a replacement or sign a quality FA.
I’ve been through 2 of them and i agree. It’s not an easy or quick recovery. Having a cadaver graft speeds up the process but you’re also more likely to re-tear it.

Brent Stockstill will be at Titans minicamp as well (and apparently will attend the Raiders as well).

D-Walker mad at fans/analysts wanting to draft a TE this year. Says we are dissing J-Smith.

OK, D-Walker, you and J-Smith prove us wrong. When the #3, #4, and #5 TE's end up catching far more of MM's passes as percentages than Smith, who only caught 20/30 - we might have good justification knowing your age and both of you having to come back from serious injuries. The jury is still out on your buddy being the TE of the future. Let's see the performance match up with your comments. That would be far better than having to use a high draft pick on a TE again.

VN Store

Back