The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

It's not close to as bad as everyone wants to think......
It isn't, everyone is just frustrated they didn't address both positions of most need and didn't improve depth on defense.

They have set themselves up for some trouble in the next couple of years though, particularly on defense.

Reactions: peaygolf
I think the immediate knee jerk reaction to this draft by many fans is maybe Ran is a little too much like riverboat Robinson for comfort. The 3rd pick especially was a high risk/reward pick, the Previous pick as well. Those two aside I think people would have been happy with the draft if they'd taken a wr with one of their first 3 picks.

If one of our top two receivers go out due to injury again this year the fans will be livid. It was arguably the position of greatest need going into the draft.

I think the immediate knee jerk reaction to this draft by many fans is maybe Ran is a little too much like riverboat Robinson for comfort. The 3rd pick especially was a high risk/reward pick, the Previous pick as well. Those two aside I think people would have been happy with the draft if they'd taken a wr with one of their first 3 picks.

If one of our top two receivers go out due to injury again this year the fans will be livid. It was arguably the position of greatest need going into the draft.
Robinson was considered really good his first couple years...........and then, not so much

Robinson was considered really good his first couple years...........and then, not so much
Tanking chances is something that should be done strategically in measure, particularly with luxury picks. Robinson was taking chances with far too many picks and tried to play the smartest man in the room. Ran should be fine, but next year every pick counts. Can't afford to gamble.

Reactions: peaygolf
Yeah, would need something to happen at Jags QB spot for us to have much shot this year.
We were some untimely injuries away from winning the division easily last year. Jax isn't head and shoulders ahead of anyone at this point. The division is much more competitive than you think. The Titans could very well win the division this year with Tannehill under center.

I'd rather them trade Tannehill at this point, it will accomplish two things. Let us see what we may have in Levis, and improve our draft status.

My issue with the Levis pick is not his ability, it's that I do not believe we have the offensive coaching to maximize his potential. I'm really, really hoping these Tannehill trade rumors are not true. Even though Levis will be 24 this year, I think a year sitting behind Tanny would do him wonders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax_Vol
My issue with the Levis pick is not has ability, it's that I do not believe we have the offensive coaching to maximize his potential. I'm really, really hoping these Tannehill trade rumors are not true. Even though Levis will be 24 this year, I think a year sitting behind Tanny would do him wonders.

Yes. No doubt on that. Give the kiddo some time.

Heck, I still haven;t given up on Willis yet.

New OC might help things.....even though I realize the basic jest of the o-fense.

We were some untimely injuries away from winning the division easily last year. Jax isn't head and shoulders ahead of anyone at this point. The division is much more competitive than you think. The Titans could very well win the division this year with Tannehill under center.

I'd rather them trade Tannehill at this point, it will accomplish two things. Let us see what we may have in Levis, and improve our draft status.

If the plan was to trade tannehill for picks and improve our draft spot in 24, it’s even more moronic we drafted QB in a horrible class for QB’s instead of building around the QB position going into a QB class that is deep (2024 class). Titans can’t even tank right

If the plan was to trade tannehill for picks and improve our draft spot in 24, it’s even more moronic we drafted QB in a horrible class for QB’s instead of building around the QB position going into a QB class that is deep (2024 class). Titans can’t even tank right

It only takes one. Dude has the arm and can make the throws.

Unsure if he has the other required traits for success.

It only takes one. Dude has the arm and can make the throws.

Unsure if he has the other required traits for success.

There is nothing about this year’s draft class that comes close to the depth of next year. If we are gonna suck, better to have an offense built on rookie deals that is missing a QB in a deep QB draft class plus lots of cap space.

Yes. No doubt on that. Give the kiddo some time.

Heck, I still haven;t given up on Willis yet.

New OC might help things.....even though I realize the basic jest of the o-fense.
No OC could make Willis a viable NFL starting QB. He was a bust the second they drafted him.

No OC could make Willis a viable NFL starting QB. He was a bust the second they drafted him.

Yeah Willis was the ultimate benefactor of predraft hype. The fact that he couldn’t cut it in a gimmicky SEC offense tailor made for his supposed skill set should have been all NFL GMs needed to see.

VN Store

Back