The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Losing to the Giants and then beating the Bills would be the most Titans thing ever.

However, I'm not as optimistic as this time last year, even though last season's opener was worse. This team just feels...different. Henry is a year older, coming off an injury, AJ is gone, and I think everybody, players included, are just exhausted with the schizophrenic style of ball playing up and down to competition. You can only wear that hat for so long before you finally sink or swim. 10 losses would not surprise me for this group.

Losing to the Giants and then beating the Bills would be the most Titans thing ever.

However, I'm not as optimistic as this time last year, even though last season's opener was worse. This team just feels...different. Henry is a year older, coming off an injury, AJ is gone, and I think everybody, players included, are just exhausted with the schizophrenic style of ball playing up and down to competition. You can only wear that hat for so long before you finally sink or swim. 10 losses would not surprise me for this group.

Yeah, it feels like this team is going to be a shell of its former self. I could still see us limping into the playoffs with the AFC South being 2020 NFC East-level bad.

Reactions: orangepridenation
Obviously I was proven very wrong about my Titans defeating the Giants 34-24 because the Giants outplayed the Titans in a thrilling close game that they won 21-20.
Also I was proven. wrong about Derrick Henry running for more than 108 yards and running for 2 touchdowns because he was held under 108 yards, and he had 0 touchdowns.

I’m a lot less depressed I couldn’t watch most of this entertaining close game because I was working a double, and because Texas Roadhouse doesn’t get NFL Sunday Ticket.

I saw the missed game winning field goal on NFL Redzone which was very disappointing.

I’m unsurprised the Giants won because possibly they might have a good Head Coach, and because the Giants do have enough good players to be a good team in the Jones era which was shown in a team win.

Tannehill played very well. Everybody else sucked. Too many dropped passes until the end of the game. When Henry had some big runs they got called back for holding. Terrible loss.

Reactions: tvolsfan
We have a tendency to lose to teams we shouldn’t and beat teams we shouldn’t. We’re consistently inconsistent. Last year we looked horrible our first game and went on to lose to both the Jets and the Texans (And were quite honestly soundly beaten that game), yet won 12 games and the AFC South. I’ll be concerned if we start out 0-2, obviously, but with how weak the division is and the fact that I think our roster is pretty talented I wouldn’t be surprised if we turned things around in a hurry.

Reactions: SlipKidVol

Blankenship is 45/54 (83.3%) for his career and 1/3 from 50+ yards in his career
Bullock is 196/236 (83.1%) for his career and 13/26 from 50+

Blankenship is younger but wonder if we take a look?

I thought Blankenship was a can’t miss K coming into the league. He regressed quickly.
Kickers are a weird bunch. Washington had like 4-5 former kickers (Gano, Hopkins, Forbath, Suisham, etc) relatively recently that ended up sticking around elsewhere.

I think the Titans philosophy is too grind games and lean on the defense, and that's fine it can work.

Last year my biggest gripe was just how predictable the offense was based on players on the field. I thought with the introduction if two new tight ends, in particular, done of that would be fixed, but it wasn't. We're not very multiple, Henry as good as he is can't pass block and isn't a very good receiver.

The offensive line has taken steps back for the past three years. The wife receiver corp is deeper but we lack to end talent. As much as I think Downing needs to go the O line coach should as well. I've heard he's difficult to deal with and had limited us in some cases with free agents interest.

The defense was not very good last Sunday, particularly the run defense. Did we lose some depth guys from the line last year? It's only one game and I expect to lose the next as well. From there the season starts over. Lose one or two of the next four and our season could go off the rails.

VN Store

Back