The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

They haven't been here super long. Saffold and AJ have both tweeted they're heartbroken over the L.

They can live and shop how they want, I just thought it was interesting to see them living it up at Gucci less than 24 hours after arguably the worst loss in Titans history. I think we forget that $ will always come first for a lot of players over winning. Would you rather have a SB ring or tens of millions?

More and more I think about it. Tannehill is HOLDING this team back. He cannot be the QB next year. Would hate to waste the next couple years having the best running back in the league.
You can't do anything because of his contract. We're saddled with him like it or not.

Who else was extremely jealous watching Mahommes and Allen last night, and will be again next week watching Mahommes and Burrow?

Hell I was jealous watching Stafford.

What makes it worse is the fact that literally all Tannehill had to do was not suck. Seeing those dudes light it up last night, it's like we play in a different league.

I've been a Tannehill defender and I'll still say Sunday wasn't all his fault but he still really sucked and I agree if he had just been ok we would have won. I'll give him the second int as a dumb play call and a great defensive play, but the other 2 were him. And yes the last one it was a dumb play call as well but he has to be better there.

He'll get next season to redeem himself, or at least he'll get to start the season to. But even if he balls out next seasons his up and down nature makes it hard to trust him past that. The best we can hope for I think is that he sucks less next year.

What makes it worse is the fact that literally all Tannehill had to do was not suck. Seeing those dudes light it up last night, it's like we play in a different league.

Yeah. The first int was all him but it was the beginning of the game so you can argue it's not that bad because you have the whole game. The second one....stupid play call and great defensive play. The last one....just mind blowing he'd try that pass at that point.

Yeah. The first int was all him but it was the beginning of the game so you can argue it's not that bad because you have the whole game. The second one....stupid play call and great defensive play. The last one....just mind blowing he'd try that pass at that point.
That first pick set the tone for the whole game.

They can live and shop how they want, I just thought it was interesting to see them living it up at Gucci less than 24 hours after arguably the worst loss in Titans history. I think we forget that $ will always come first for a lot of players over winning. Would you rather have a SB ring or tens of millions?
I don't know if I can agree with that. A lot of athletes want to reach the pinnacle of their sport.
I still think the who matters as much as anything. If it wa RT or AJ then I'd agree but it's two guys who have barely been here. For them it's not a big deal, but it would be to the guys who built this thing from the ground up.

I was proven very wrong about my 2 Saturday NFL Divisional Round predictions.

Henry ran for 1 td not 2 tds, Henry ran for 66 yards which are under the more than 107 yards I predicted he would run for, the Titans didn’t win the turnover battle because the Bengals did by 2, and the Titans didn’t defeat the Bengals 31-24 since in a defensive struggle the Bengals defeated the Titans 19-16.

Rodgers didn’t finally defeat the 49ers in the Playoffs, Rodgers didn’t outplay Garoppolo, the thundering crowd was an obstacle that the 49ers overcame since they came back to tie the game 10-10 in the 4th, also the Packers didn’t defeat the 49ers 34-24 because the 49ers defeated the Packers 13-10 in a low scoring game.

I’m very depressed that the Titans did get outplayed by the Bengals in a winnable game.
While the Titans still could have been defeated by a great Chiefs team in the AFC Championship game that doesn’t change I’m very disappointed that the Titans at home lost a winnable Divisional Playoff game to the Bengals.
The Titans were doomed to defeat because the Bengals won the turnover battle.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I've been a Tannehill defender and I'll still say Sunday wasn't all his fault but he still really sucked and I agree if he had just been ok we would have won. I'll give him the second int as a dumb play call and a great defensive play, but the other 2 were him. And yes the last one it was a dumb play call as well but he has to be better there.

He'll get next season to redeem himself, or at least he'll get to start the season to. But even if he balls out next seasons his up and down nature makes it hard to trust him past that. The best we can hope for I think is that he sucks less next year.
He's not going to be better. Downing isn't a very good OC and paired with a limited QB it's who we are, it's why Vrabel needs to replace Downing.... But he won't, and we can't get rid of Tannehill.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
That takes skill

You know what the two picks to start each half tells me?

That the DC knew based off tendencies what we would likely go to and had his team prepared. Downing put his QB into two bad plays and based on the route concepts Tannehill didn't have options except to force it or throw it away. He chose wrong both times but it stands that Downing put his QB in bad situations multiple times in this game. Downing is a bottom tier OC. Tannehill can play, he can even win you a championship, hell worse QB's have.... But as long as Downing is calling plays you aren't going to win big games..... It's that simple.

Edit to add:

My overarching point here is even if you get rid of Tannehill, unless you being in an elite passer, it ain't getting better.

I know it's selfish, but I kinda wish Art Smith would've bombed harder in Atlanta this year. Like, bad enough to get fired. I think he's actually one dude Vrabel would consider telling Downing to GTFO for.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
You know what the two picks to start each half tells me?

That the DC knew based off tendencies what we would likely go to and had his team prepared. Downing put his QB into two bad plays and based on the route concepts Tannehill didn't have options except to force it or throw it away. He chose wrong both times but it stands that Downing put his QB in bad situations multiple times in this game. Downing is a bottom tier OC. Tannehill can play, he can even win you a championship, hell worse QB's have.... But as long as Downing is calling plays you aren't going to win big games..... It's that simple.

Edit to add:

My overarching point here is even if you get rid of Tannehill, unless you being in an elite passer, it ain't getting better.
He sucks!

VN Store

Back