The Official Tennessee @ Oklahoma Game Thread, 8:00pm ET, ABC

Being at the game, I'd like to say this, if the Vols can get an O Line, this will be a scary SEC team. The defense from the Vols was pretty good. Unfortunately, Worely almost died out there because of the poor O Line.

All in all, Tennessee has a very bright future and even this year a team the SEC should watch out for. Hope you guys do good in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
I am so glad we have Butch jones on the UT sideline .. Stupds has no class what so ever plus he is a good fit for Oklahoma .. :lolabove:

It blows me away that some of you are calling out Worley. If it were my call I would have pulled him but it never will be so the cards were dealt. Anyway, to say that he is horrible, or that we won't win with him is just insulting. The man was hit, hurried, and sacked all night. None of which were his fault with an oline that's young he did what he could. It also didn't help the play calling was below average. The man's a warrior and did exactly what the sign he tapped on the way out said Worley gave his all for Tennessee.

My Lord if Hurd has turned the corner. On a big stage and to have a half like that. Kid is going to be special.

I wonder if the game would be much different if we had Von...

I'm damn proud of the overall performance from the defense. Never got down never gave up never quit. AJ was hitting and Cam with the late boom.

If we play like that on defense we should very easily go bowling this year and should be very excited for the years to come.

Reactions: 2 people
Hurd this a million times terrible call shoulda ran it blah blah blah if he woulda through a td nothing woulda been said stfu and go to bed my god Tennessee fans kill me

I am so glad we have Butch jones on the UT sideline .. Stupds has no class what so ever plus he is a good fit for Oklahoma .. :lolabove:

22027Y.jpg

I'm assuming JJ is who he wants as qb, and Dormady is a failsafe.

JJ is not an SEC caliber QB IMO. I think he's a great athlete and I'm glad he's a VOL but I bet he never takes a snap at UT as a true QB. Both Dormady and the '16 commit are not really running QBs. It really makes me wonder what he's trying to do.

Thank goodness I didn't have Striker as my key word in my UT/OK drinker game...could have made for a rougher night...

Being at the game, I'd like to say this, if the Vols can get an O Line, this will be a scary SEC team. The defense from the Vols was pretty good. Unfortunately, Worely almost died out there because of the poor O Line.

All in all, Tennessee has a very bright future and even this year a team the SEC should watch out for. Hope you guys do good in the SEC.

Classy post OU is a good team with great defense but there were times I thought y'all tried to be to fast which led to mistakes

young guys did decent but he had to go look at the tape. he'll need a to make a list and check it twice to make sure he didn't miss anything.

For those that keep calling for the OC's head, keep in mind, he is limited by his qb.

Worley is a gutsy young man. His heart showed out tonight and anybody questioning that is an idiot. That said, he is not the style of qb suited for running this offense. For the read-option to truly be effective, the qb has to be a threat to keep the ball and run. That does not describe Worley. Other teams know, 99% of the time, the rb is going to get the ball, so they can sell out on stuffing the rb and not have to worry about the qb making them pay. Worley is fine as it pertains to the passing part of this style of offense. He is no where near fine where it pertains to the running part of this style of play. To see this offense work, we need a qb with wheels.

I agree about Worley not being a read option QB but u dont make orange juice with apples! Our OC should play call around what he has, not just call whatever he wants regardless of the personnel!

Same to you, I hope you enjoyed your time here on VolNation. See you next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Look the Vols got beat 34-10 but here's the difference from years past. Change three plays and the Vols win the football game.

1. Contested call ruled a fumble. Half time score 13-7 OU
2. Croom catches the pass that was intercepted 20-14 OU
3. TD instead of pick 6 - Vols win 21-20

Bottom line they lost to a better team. But OU wasn't dominating and with a few breaks its a different game. Compare this to Oregon last year. There is no scenario that the Ducks don't roll big. Never a contest. This game was very nearly close in the 4th.

My 2 wishes/fixes from this game are...

1. I want Bajakian to tear out the Pig reverse playbook page and toss that in a dumpster fire. DE and LBs are just too fast side to side nowadays. It is a negative play/momentum killer every time it is run.

2. Our OL will improve, but Georgia is nasty in the trenches as well. For the love of all that is holy, I would love to see a cut block every once in a while. Just to at least keep these guys honest. I mean they are getting bull rushed every play and the lack of upper body strength is killing us/Worley.

Look the Vols got beat 34-10 but here's the difference from years past. Change three plays and the Vols win the football game.

1. Contested call ruled a fumble. Half time score 13-7 OU
2. Croom catches the pass that was intercepted 20-14 OU
3. TD instead of pick 6 - Vols win 21-20

Bottom line they lost to a better team. But OU wasn't dominating and with a few breaks its a different game. Compare this to Oregon last year. There is no scenario that the Ducks don't roll big. Never a contest. This game was very nearly close in the 4th.
This is exactly what I said earlier. I have it copyrighted. You'll be hearing from my attorney.

Hurd this a million times terrible call shoulda ran it blah blah blah if he woulda through a td nothing woulda been said stfu and go to bed my god Tennessee fans kill me

You have a point yes we Would have been happy had it did worked but it doesn't change the fact that on 3rd and 2 with the half Hurd was having you should run the ball.

They were physically over matched at times for sure, but there were many plays where guys came through untouched. That can't happen. I'm sure it will be addressed.

VN Store

Back