The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Series Thread (Fri. April 19 6:30PM EST) (Sat. April 20 2PM EST) (Sun. April 21 1PM EST) (All games on SECNET+)

When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in Mount Pleasant Tennessee. My Grandad ran a gas station and it was on the Greyhound bus line. At 4, he would shut down and take over the bus. He put me in his lap and let me drive the bus to Pulaski when I was six. I’d say we’re pretty much Deep South.
Personally, I consider Tennessee the Deep South, but I know some people don't consider being labeled The Deep South as a positive thing and I'm from Georgia on a website of a team in Tennessee and I don't want to offend anyone here, in any way, .... ever.

However, you do have me wondering people in Volnation would consider Tennessee as being part of the Deep South.

Excellent post btw.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM and vol66
Personally, I consider Tennessee the Deep South, but I know some people don't consider being labeled The Deep South as a positive thing and I'm from Georgia on a website of a team in Tennessee and I don't want to offend anyone here, in any way, .... ever.

However, you do have me wondering people in Volnation would consider Tennessee as being part of the Deep South.

Excellent post btw.
Its in interesting thing to consider. For many, Alabama is considered the South of the South with Tennessee being the second most “Southern” state. However, history has these states at odds often. The South has always had very dividing and very unifying characteristics among the states. I’d call South Carolina a very southern state as well, more so than Georgia in general. I reckon it depends on what aspect one considers when thinking of what t”he South” is.

If I’m not mistaken, the Farmer’s almanac always had Tennessee as Deep South with Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana..?

Reactions: vol66

Excellent post btw.

I take it as a positive. I’m proud of where I’m from but ya gotta take the good with the bad and it wasn’t always pretty. Sometimes it takes generations, certainly in my family, it’s proven to be true. Anyways, we’re out of free baseball. GNVN.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
I take it as a positive. I’m proud of where I’m from but ya gotta take the good with the bad and it wasn’t always pretty. Sometimes it takes generations, certainly in my family, it’s proven to be true. Anyways, we’re out of free baseball. GNVN.
Shoot, I forgot we were still in the game thread because I have a tab open in The Dugout where I'm working on a long or longer post while hosting a bday party.

Volnation gained 40-50 new fans today at the party btw.

Its in interesting thing to consider. For many, Alabama is considered the South of the South with Tennessee being the second most “Southern” state. However, history has these states at odds often. The South has always had very dividing and very unifying characteristics among the states. I’d call South Carolina a very southern state as well, more so than Georgia in general. I reckon it depends on what aspect one considers when thinking of what t”he South” is.

If I’m not mistaken, the Farmer’s almanac always had Tennessee as Deep South with Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana..?

I live in Greenville, SC. One of my coworkers once called me a yankee. I said, "You know I'm from Tennessee." He replied, "Anyone from north of Easley is a yankee." (Easley is a tiny town west of Greenville)

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Hell Bargo held his own over there. He looked infinitely smoother than BA in his limited opportunities. BA lost track of outs tonight and looked a runner back to 2nd hard with 2 outs. Good thing the batter wasn’t quick down the line.
I forgot about that play. Maybe I'm misremembering but I don't remember any games before last night where Billy's defense cost us run. Everyone makes errors.

I have not had a chance to really watch this UK squad, are they the real deal?
I watch a lot of SEC baseball, and yes, they are the real deal. Solid starters and a really good bullpen. Their middle infielders are probably the best duo in college baseball, and Mingione is a very good coach with a high baseball IQ. Their Saturday and Sunday starters are their best. It should be another good game.

Somebody on here was saying that was an ugly ballpark…..looks pretty nice to me.
It's ugly because we just don't play well in that place. Toss in the weather and the fans....ugly. Just hope we can steal a game...just one.

Excellent post btw.
Born in Virginia when a marine Dr at Quantico slapped my butt into living. Deep South? The places the Yankees never made it to. Franklin County TN seceded before the rest of the state. Might not be “Deep South” but, very much Country. I love the South and bleed orange. Go Vols! Beat Kentucky!

I live in Greenville, SC. One of my coworkers once called me a yankee. I said, "You know I'm from Tennessee." He replied, "Anyone from north of Easley is a yankee." (Easley is a tiny town west of Greenville)
Lol. My wife and I live in Mauldin until next month (moving to Summerville), and anything inside the city limits of Greenville is more yankee than Nashville..

Yes, they are very good.

On a neutral field, think they would beat us five out of ten. Two equal teams.
Yep. I know the teams are built differently, and I'm not calling for a return to small ball. Still, I do enjoy seeing the way UK works offensively. Being an older guy, I enjoy things like steals, bunting, hitting behind guys, sac fly, etc. It translates to any ball park and when you're struggling at the plate, it's great to have that ability...especially when you find yourself in some of these cavernous parks against solid pitching.

Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back