The Official Tennessee @ ETSU Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, ESPN3

Didn't think the Grand Poobah was supposed to take sides in a forum.
I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Come on. That wouldn't be any fun.

Hey, buddy! He's innocent! Stay tuned!

You're consistent, I'll give you that. Delusional, but consistent.

Making sure you see this!

I'm obviously joking and having a little fun. And it helps me sleep better at night thinking you're Tyndall, rather than coming to terms with the idea there's actually someone as crazy as you running around out there. :)

Reactions: 6 people
Freak burn!!! 🔥:)

Just having some fun.

I have a little extra bounce in my step after that big win last night. SD had me convinced we'd get run out of the gym.

That said, I'm an ETSU fan when they aren't playing the Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Come on. That wouldn't be any fun.

You're consistent, I'll give you that. Delusional, but consistent.

I'm obviously joking and having a little fun. And it helps me sleep better at night thinking you're Tyndall, rather than coming to terms with the idea there's actually someone as crazy as you running around out there. :)
Ever heard the old saying, it ain't over till the fat lady sings? Trust me, there's a reason the appeals committee hasn't responded on four months when they were supposed to respond in two. PS You of all people know I'm not Coach T.

Just having some fun.

I have a little extra bounce in my step after that big win last night. SD had me convinced we'd get run out of the gym.

That said, I'm an ETSU fan when they aren't playing the Vols.
Kudos to you. You know that could have happened had the Bucs not shot 25 percent in the first half but that's basketball. Dietrich doesn't go off for 25 every night although I think I was the only one predicting he would be our leading scorer.

Kudos to you. You know that could have happened had the Bucs not shot 25 percent in the first half but that's basketball. Dietrich doesn't go off for 25 every night although I think I was the only one predicting he would be our leading scorer.

Know what they say about blind squirrels and nuts?

OUR leading scorer??? Still claiming to be that Vol fan? Bucs shot 25%. Vols didn't play much better. Maybe you should be thankful they didn't blow them out of their own gym in the first half. ETSU is a decent team. But their not as good as you want them to be.

Called it; making excuses.

Your ass got beat, now run off to an ETSU board and annoy them. You are no Vol fan.

Freak can tell you. It would have been entirely possible the Bucs could have blown out the Vols. If I had him convinced, what more could I do? :) Basketball is a game. The Vols won but it was by the skin of their teeth. The game was tied with a 1:11. During that 1:11 ETSU missed 3 shots within five feet of the basket and a tip at the rim. It was a good win for Tennessee in a hostile environment and it was a good loss for the Bucs. Statistically, the Bucs shot more than 10 percentage points less than their nationally ranked season average. Tennessee shot 1% below theirs. Both made the same number of field goals with the Bucs shooting 9 more attempts. It appears ETSU was pressured more by their sold out crowd than the Vols were.

Last edited:
Freak can tell you. It would have been entirely possible the Bucs could have blown out the Vols. If I had him convinced, what more could I do? :) Basketball is a game. The Vols won but it was by the skin of their teeth. The game was tied with a 1:11. During that 1:11 ETSU missed 3 shots within five feet of the basket and a tip at the rim. It was a good win for Tennessee in a hostile environment and it was a good loss for the Bucs. Statistically, the Bucs shot more than 10 percentage points less than their nationally ranked season average. Tennessee shot 1% below theirs. Both made the same number of field goals with the Bucs shooting 9 more attempts. It appears ETSU was pressured more by their sold out crowd than the Vols were.
Look I get the point your trying to make but still not doing a very good job of. ETSU is a decent team. But play that game in Knoxville and Tennessee wins easily 9 out of 10 times. Play that game in Johnson City and the Vols probably win 7 out of 10. Both teams shot horribly the first 14 minutes. Thats why the score was 12-12 with around 6 minutes to go in the first half. But let's be honest. That game meant more to the Bucs. That was their biggest game of the year. They can say the conference means more but we all know after 50 years finally getting that game at home they play their asses off trying to win. And if that was their best effort and heart they still lost. If they come out and play with their just regular game intensity then they lose 7 out of 10 at home. Tennessee just has more talent. Maybe less experience but more talent. That game was rough for both sides. And Tennessee has played much better competition and that's why they were able to pull out the victory. They had already been in 4 dog fights with 2 top ten teams. I know we have been giving you a hard time. But if you will just admit your wrong and that Tennessee is a lot better than you gave them credit for coming into that massive million dollar complex with no chance of sniffing a win against the most dominate team East Tennessee has ever seen. Blue font needed. Then maybe we would give you a little slack. But you just keep digging your hole deeper with just about everything you say.

And why do you keep trying to use Freak as a reference to all your comments? Could it be you don't have a leg to stand on??????

Last edited:

VN Store

Back