The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 9:00pm ET, ESPNU

Play hard guys, we are pulling for you! Going to enjoy the game tonight.

We're about to eat everything on that pig from the rooter to the tooter!

Nah but it would help a ton to force some TOs tonight, and take advantage. Of course, making shots is always a priority. And I hope we figured out how to close driving lanes again. We've done pretty good all yr minus last game.

GBO

Stay with them or stay ahead of them and hang on. I don't expect a big come from behind performance.

Last edited:
about to head that way
kids have swimming till 6:30, then meeting a friend to go to the game

Go Vols

Arky beat Mizzou by 1 and lost at home a couple times. If we get three guys above 12 PTS and box out then we win the game.

Arkansas isn't unbeatable at home by any means, Alabama should of beat them. For us to win this game, we'll have to force some turnovers and create points off them. We will need Josh Richardson to have a big game, along with Punters normal average. Either Hubbs or Baulkman will have to have a nice showing too. Last but not least, our 3 ball needs to be dropping tonight. We cant afford a poor shooting performance.

What I don't understand is why when the three point shot isn't falling why we don't post up josh more often instead Of
Him taking jumpshots

What I don't understand is why when the three point shot isn't falling why we don't post up josh more often instead Of
Him taking jumpshots

Couldn't agree more about posting up Josh.(against man to man defenses of course) It seems like we did it a little against kstates smaller pg. And I know teams recently have been throwing a zone at us. But against man, if he's is struggling to find points especially, post him up.

Couldn't agree more about posting up Josh.(against man to man defenses of course) It seems like we did it a little against kstates smaller pg. And I know teams recently have been throwing a zone at us. But against man, if he's is struggling to find points especially, post him up.

Exactly,he is what 6'6" going up against 6'3" and 6'2" guards that's four inches,have punter feed him the rock after he punishes the d they will double team leading to open looks for baulk,hubbs,and a wide open Reese under the bucket

Exactly,he is what 6'6" going up against 6'3" and 6'2" guards that's four inches,have punter feed him the rock after he punishes the d they will double team leading to open looks for baulk,hubbs,and a wide open Reese under the bucket

They'll either double or switch out with a bigger guy. Which either one should lead to a schematic advantage.

They'll either double or switch out with a bigger guy. Which either one should lead to a schematic advantage.

I don't think they would switch,maybe the one team that would in the sec could be ky with their size and quickness and if that happens just use a little horns action to free it up

I think that we see a lot of zone defenses going forward. And if Owens and Carmichael are not able to score it will not be easy to get good looks shooting over the top of those zones.

I think that we see a lot of zone defenses going forward. And if Owens and Carmichael are not able to score it will not be easy to get good looks shooting over the top of those zones.

If they do zone I feel confident rich can collapse it giving punter and baulkman open looks. I know we haven't done that yet but after seeing it maybe we fix it

This would be a big road win for us but it's gonna be hard to get. Will have to play much better than we did last time out. Go Vols!

Why tf aren't these games ever on the SEC network? I've missed the last several games.

I had to break down and get the espnU package when I saw 2 of the last 3 on there. They're milking the legend of Bruce while its still fresh too.

Last edited:
ESPN needs to spread the teams around on all of their channels to encourage people to buy the sports tiers too. It's more important for Disney to get all of their networks subscribed than to make it convenient for viewers.

ESPN needs to spread the teams around on all of their channels to encourage people to buy the sports tiers too. It's more important for Disney to get all of their networks subscribed than to make it convenient for viewers.

They got this guy.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back