The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 9:00pm ET, ESPNU

It has to do with having only one player on the roster who has experience playing crunch time minutes. Even Reese and Moore didn't play late in games last year. A majority of the team hadn't even played D1 ball before this year. Experience is key late in games.

Agreed.....the potential is there from a player standpoint (missing a true PG and seasoned Big), and CDT might be the best X & O coach I've seen here in a long time. I just don't want it blown to he!! By the NCAA......I have no respect for that "institution".

Bummed we didn't win but the team played all out. The play CDT called at the end was executed perfectly and I believe that shot by Hubbs goes down next time!

The difference in this team not being 14-4 - 15-2, is the point guard that transferred out last year, someone help with a name? If he was still on the team J Richardson could play the 2 guard which is his natural position. Richardson not playing the 2 and no true presence inside is what will keep this around a .500 team.

The difference in this team not being 14-4 - 15-2, is the point guard that transferred out last year, someone help with a name? If he was still on the team J Richardson could play the 2 guard which is his natural position. Richardson not playing the 2 and no true presence inside is what will keep this around a .500 team.

Darius Thompson?

I didn't see the evidence last yr to say we'd have that record with DT.(freshman or not his offense left a lot to be desired) Would it help to be able to move Rich to his natural position for some of the game sure. But a scoring presence and consistent rebounder inside is hurting more than playing Rich out of position, to this point. imo

I didn't see the evidence last yr to say we'd have that record with DT.(freshman or not his offense left a lot to be desired) Would it help to be able to move Rich to his natural position for some of the game sure. But a scoring presence and consistent rebounder inside is hurting more than playing Rich out of position, to this point. imo
I think his point is, if Richardson had time off the PG spot, he could be a better option without worrying about finding his teammates open. Darius Thompson had a great work ethic, and he really knew how to find/close passing lanes. Sure his offense was lacking, but most freshmen lack the offensive prowess they had in High school. We actually JRich play the wing spot during the Arkansas game. A few times Mostella or Punter would bring it up with another player screening to get Jrich time to get in the lane.

I think his point is, if Richardson had time off the PG spot, he could be a better option without worrying about finding his teammates open. Darius Thompson had a great work ethic, and he really knew how to find/close passing lanes. Sure his offense was lacking, but most freshmen lack the offensive prowess they had in High school. We actually JRich play the wing spot during the Arkansas game. A few times Mostella or Punter would bring it up with another player screening to get Jrich time to get in the lane.

And my point was even with DT we wouldn't have started 14-4 or 15-2. You disagree?

And my point was even with DT we wouldn't have started 14-4 or 15-2. You disagree?
I'm not sure. Theres so many factors that go into Wins and Losses that I can't say one way or the other. What I know for sure is, Darius Thompson was a silky smooth Pg who also had a knack for getting steals in Cuonzo's Man-to-man defense. Imagine what Thompson could have done in this match up zone. I think our record would be improved by 2-3 games, but its hard to know for sure.

I'm not sure. Theres so many factors that go into Wins and Losses that I can't say one way or the other. What I know for sure is, Darius Thompson was a silky smooth Pg who also had a knack for getting steals in Cuonzo's Man-to-man defense. Imagine what Thompson could have done in this match up zone. I think our record would be improved by 2-3 games, but its hard to know for sure.

Fair enough. I suppose he could have made a game or two difference, I'll be interested to see next yr how he is progressing. Even tho I still have a sour taste for those guys packing it in and repping their coach rather than University. jmo

Fair enough. I suppose he could have made a game or two difference, I'll be interested to see next yr how he is progressing. Even tho I still have a sour taste for those guys packing it in and repping their coach rather than University. jmo
Virginia wasn't a bad choice school wise. I've heard its one of the best Universities in the US. And Tony Bennett is building something special up there. Yeah I'm interested to see how far he's come next year.

Last edited:
Virginia wasn't a bad choice school wise. I've heard its one of the best Universities in the US. And Tony Bennett is building something special up there. Yeah I'm interested to see how far he's come next year.

Yeah Tony Bennett will put him in position to be successful. I would have liked to see him in this zone.

VN Store

Back