The Official Tennessee @ #4 Alabama Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

If that's what you take from this game then you don't understand what you watched
Some of our fans are dumb and then again some have been beaten so long that they just expect failure. This team for what they have and what they’ve lost is competing. They’ve beaten the hell out of who they were supposed to win against and hung in against teams that should’ve blown them out from the kick off.

you should look up that definition before you spew stupidity. I knew this was a vulnerable
bama team. We did some things to show we could hang then turned right around and played and coached like blind morons.

So you knew Bama was vulnerable even though we were a 26 point underdog according to the experts?

We don’t have the talent to compete with Bama nor less beat them.

This was a better game than the final score will indicate.
Sorry but I disagree entirely. I don't think this is a 'great' Bama team at all. Big difference is that Tennessee has not been able to run the ball or stop 3rd downs all game. Those are 2 key elements to winning a game. Except for Evans, I'm not sure Tennessee have a good enough RB.

Refs has little to do with this game. Proud of this team but refs have not had any game changing impact here that would put us in a position to win.

I would disagree. It’s a cumulative effect. ‘Bama got the benefit on numerous spots, holding calls, and others.

I just want fairly-called games. This one, like many recently, was not.

We couldn't run the ball and struggled with pass protection because of injuries to OL. Defense played hard and got big plays over the top on offense. Don't believe in moral victories but it was a game into the 4th qtr against the best team in CFB (yes they'll still win it all). Love this team! Gonna beat the wildcats!

Reactions: Sarms58
I hate it. And I’m sick of moral victories.
Hooker is hurt. We have no pass D whatsoever. Our LB’s are slow as molasses. We have zero depth. None. Not even a full roster. But somehow we’re showing up and playing with all we got. If CJH can last long enough to get a few classes in, then we just may be back to winning vs the SEC elites. I’m not calling for a statue but he’s done more with less as good as anyone could have

I mean there is so much positive to take away from this game, and I never thought prior to about 20 minutes ago we could actually win, but damn if it doesn't feel like I am watching the same game against big teams every year. A valiant effort in the end turns out to be a 20+ point loss. Would be nice to have one of these for once. I just keep saying next year. I hope next year comes soon.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
The moral victory crowd will be in full force. Bama may still end up covering.. Depth is bad. Too many mistakes but Bama isn't that good this year.
A loss hurts no doubt, but they are infinitely more talented and deep in every way and we still gave them a game.

I can't wait to see what Heupel does in the coming years once he can recruit some talent to Tennessee.

VN Store

Back