The Official Tennessee @ #1 Alabama Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

Using all caps doesn't make it true. The D lineman damn near took the snap. I'm not saying JG shouldn't have done something differently, but the D lineman blew the play up and caused the fumble.
You know it was not from watching the guard pull. Guards do not pull on a sneak.

Man do I feel bad for JG. This kid has taken a physical beating his entire career here and now this year he is taking another kind of beating. Don’t get me wrong, IF the play was a called run and he took it upon himself to put the game on his shoulders, then I don’t think he can ever redeem himself imo.
GBO!!

Man do I feel bad for JG. This kid has taken a physical beating his entire career here and now this year he is taking another kind of beating. Don’t get me wrong, IF the play was a called run and he took it upon himself to put the game on his shoulders, then I don’t think he can ever redeem himself imo.
GBO!!
I agree IF that's what he did, he shouldn't ever take another snap, but I don't know that we'll ever know for sure. Pruitt denied it was an audible, he could be protecting JG but he didn't have to say it was called as a sneak, he could have said the QB has several options there and blah, blah, blah.

I agree IF that's what he did, he shouldn't ever take another snap, but I don't know that we'll ever know for sure. Pruitt denied it was an audible, he could be protecting JG but he didn't have to say it was called as a sneak, he could have said the QB has several options there and blah, blah, blah.
Yeah, but Brandon Kennedy, didn’t!
GBO!!

35-13 final is alot better than I thought it would be...but it COULD HAVE BEEN alot closer.

Sometimes you get a gift with something not being terrible as expected.

I feared this to be as awful as North Carolina Clemson that became a joke in the 1st Half.
Volunteers showed up and they executed enough to keep the game close, watchable, and entertaining for more than 50 minutes.

Well, lets see what the refs did.
1. Mauer was hit late, purposely pushed after he had thrown the ball. This was not momentum, just a purpose push (probably suggested by their coaches since Mauer had a concussion). Anyway, NO call there.
2. On the other hand, Taylor lightly pushed on their QB shoulder to help himself get up, and was called for a PF - most ludicrous call I think I have ever seen, which led to a Bama TD.
3. Pruitt tried to catch Bama off guard with a wildcat, shifting JG out at the last minute, but the refs saw that and called time for no apparent reason, or at least never said why, obviously to give Bama a chance to adjust to the play.
4. Bitulli hit the Bama player, who was ducking down himself, leading with his shoulder first then having the helmet slide in when trying to keep the player from scoring, for a very questionable targeting call. I guess he was supposed to just let him score.
5. There was also a bad pass interference call on Vols in end zone during Bamas first TD drive, but I can't remember the details.

I think there were others, but I can't remember them. Anyway, one has to wonder if the SEC told the refs Bama needs to win to make sure SEC has a playoff contender. Can't say that for sure, but the officiating was very bad.

If my night couldn't get any worse, I rolled off the bed in my sleep hit the desk and had a cup of pepsi drench me..

My wife said "f you Trent" Haha

If I'm not mistaken the refs pulled the call/ "no call" in the Ga. game at the time Tn. was gonna do the wildcat or at least momentum was going our way.
It was when they marched off about thirty yards against Ga. and then turned around and marched back toward TN. All of a sudden, it looked as though they were thrn gonna penalize us. Total confusion!!!!
They just sort of shrugged, maybe some ridiculous small penalty for someone,but by that time, momentum swung, young guys confused, a lost score that could have been!!

Reactions: TNJOKER
Could've done without the predictable run plays at the end too. Jet-sweep maybe? I mean, a freaking yard at 4th and goal! I never expected to get as close as we did, but JG f****** blew it! Again! Why am I surprised? Oh wait, I'm not.

Pruitt’s complete dress down of JG on the sidelines tells alot

GBO!!

I really hope redemption is in his future here at UT because he's probably going to be our starter for at least the USC game. At this point, I'd almost start getting Jennings reps at QB.

Reactions: wmcovol
With the double numbers and people screaming in their headsets that's an easy mistake, IMO...still funny, though

I agree, but when they tried to tell us that Palmer was holding in the endzone when JJ hits the cone in the endzone when the refs called the hold on Morris and it was DEFIANTLY NOT A HOLD showed me how bad the broadcasters were. Proud to be a VOL today. UT vs Bama/Refs/Broadcast crew. ;)

Well, lets see what the refs did.
1. Mauer was hit late, purposely pushed after he had thrown the ball. This was not momentum, just a purpose push (probably suggested by their coaches since Mauer had a concussion). Anyway, NO call there.
2. On the other hand, Taylor lightly pushed on their QB shoulder to help himself get up, and was called for a PF - most ludicrous call I think I have ever seen, which led to a Bama TD.
3. Pruitt tried to catch Bama off guard with a wildcat, shifting JG out at the last minute, but the refs saw that and called time for no apparent reason, or at least never said why, obviously to give Bama a chance to adjust to the play.
4. Bitulli hit the Bama player, who was ducking down himself, leading with his shoulder first then having the helmet slide in when trying to keep the player from scoring, for a very questionable targeting call. I guess he was supposed to just let him score.
5. There was also a bad pass interference call on Vols in end zone during Bamas first TD drive, but I can't remember the details.

I think there were others, but I can't remember them. Anyway, one has to wonder if the SEC told the refs Bama needs to win to make sure SEC has a playoff contender. Can't say that for sure, but the officiating was very bad.
SEC referees have always sucked . Bama never gets called for obvious holding in in crucial situations. Close calls go to Bama favor goes to Bama.. Very Unfair to kids and very disgusting. I am not just talking about this game. it is difficult to watch any game they play because of the referees and commentators.

VN Store

Back