The Official Tennessee @ #1 Alabama Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

You should have heard Tim Priest on Vol radio - he sounded like he was dying.
To be in the game like that, with the chance to close it to one score in the 4th quarter and for that ginormous clusterfrack with JG to occur and them take it 100 yards the other way. Shades of the 2003 UGA game. Then all the gumps lighting cigars and ESPN sideline reporters too. These last 12 years have just been cruel and unusual punishment in every way. Every time I think there is no new way to experience pain, the Vols prove me wrong.

I guess we are disappointed because we had a shot at a huge upset late in the game; I know I'm crushed. However, we at least made them know they were in a dog fight. All things considered (OFFICIATING, Maurer going down, JG's fumble turns into a scoop and score, etc), we were in it to win it! Better days are on the horizon. If the play is not blown up at the line, JG probably scores and makes it a 1 possession game....big if...but we were a few plays away from knocking off the #1 team in the land. Good night, Volnation!

I guess we are disappointed because we had a shot at a huge upset late in the game; I know I'm crushed. However, we at least made them know they were in a dog fight. All things considered (OFFICIATING, Maurer going down, JG's fumble turns into a scoop and score, etc), we were in it to win it! Better days are on the horizon. If the play is not blown up at the line, JG probably scores and makes it a 1 possession game....big if...but we were a few plays away from knocking off the #1 team in the land. Good night, Volnation!
THE PLAY WAS NOT BLOWN UP! The called run play to the left was there.

That ain't the #1 team in the land. They'll have at least 3 losses this year.

Reactions: Alto1
That's the play I understand that was called to the left behind trey smith and he would have had a td untocched. But jg went rogue and called his own play.

I went back and watched it several times. if you watch it in slow motion you’ll see that jg didn’t audible. The left guard pulls and blocks the blocks out, everybody but JG obviously ran a running play to the left side. JG simply ran his own sneak. That’s why Pruitt met him on the field and chewed his a** and benched him. Hopefully for good!!

Trey Smith (left guard) was apparently pulling on the Geronimo sneak/fumble and the fullback was leading around left tackle, which means Geronimo didn't audible - he simply ignored the play call and tried to sneak it in.
Not according to Pruitt in his post game presser but I guess he could be covering for JG

VN Store

Back