The Official SEC Tournament Discussion Thread (Excluding Tennessee Games)

AllThingsTN

Looking at the forecast for the SEC tournament, and it seem like it’s going to be a wet one. If the games get postponed/backed up too far do the the double elimination games switch to single elimination?

Reactions: feathersax
Looking at the forecast for the SEC tournament, and it seem like it’s going to be a wet one. If the games get postponed/backed up too far do the the double elimination games switch to single elimination?
Just some guesses, but I think they would make them 7 inning games. They could also use Monday if needed. Also, could play doubleheaders later in the week.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just some guesses, but I think they would make them 7 inning games. They could also use Monday if needed. Also, could play doubleheaders later in the week.
The NCAA selection show is Monday at noon. I'm not sure what the SEC's contingency plan is, but I wouldn't think Monday is an option.

I figured we could use this thread to discuss each days matchups, follow along with the days action (excluding Tennessee, because we do the official game threads for Tennessee)
Day 1
10:30 AM EST #6 UGA vs #11 Alabama

2:00 PM EST #7 Florida vs #10 South Carolina

5:30 PM EST #8 Vandy vs #9 Ole Miss

9:00PM EST #5 Auburn vs #12 Kentucky

(warning: do not read if you may be triggered by a discussion of addiction. The following is a joke and should not be considered as a dismissal of the seriousness of actual addiction)

Hi, my name is AV. (Hi AV)

I been clean 3 days now and lemme just say it's been tough. But I'm proud of myself for staying away from the stuff. I know I know, some may say, "well it's just because you couldn't get any," but lemme tell you. There's replays man. Folks out there giving that stuff away for free, too.

But I didn't touch it. I'm really working to do better. I mean, I got a job you know? Tryna keep it and all. But some days even at work, all I can think about is them BaseVols. Anyway, I'll let someone else speak. I just have a question.

I was really hoping to make it to four days, but idk man. If there's baseball on, but not the Vols, and I watch it...if it "affects" the Vols, do I still have to reset my counter??

SEC had a fan hotline when weather looked to be an issue during 2011 tournament. They haven't been very proactive this time.

They certainly need a published tournament weather policy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If it comes to it weather/time wise, just cancel the "for revenue only" SEC farce. If they must have a playoff type final to the season, just have a 3 game match by the east champs verses the west champs. Could make it a five game series played home and home.

Move the tournament to Marlins Park (or whatever its called now) and close the roof. I get to catch games and no rain outs. Problem solved.

Never been to Hoover, but I imagine it sucks...like the rest of the state.

Move the tournament to Marlins Park (or whatever its called now) and close the roof. I get to catch games and no rain outs. Problem solved.

Never been to Hoover, but I imagine it sucks...like the rest of the state.

LOL, you would think that, but it’s actually a pretty great experience.

As for weather, seems like worst case should just be cancel everything before Saturday and play the weekend, but I guess they could also just make it single elimination all the way through… or just cut seeds 9-12 out and just not play the Tuesday slate.

Ohio State just fired their head coach, D! Baseball thinks Georgia's coach Stricklin might be a leading candidate. Stricklin was about to get fired a few years ago so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Georgia has turned the corner as of late however I wonder if the pressure of the SEC would make Stricklin think twice about Ohio State. he came from Kent State and is from Ohio........

Scott Stricklin, Georgia
The Buckeyes have their sights set on making a splash hire, and adding Stricklin, 50, to the fold would certainly qualify as that. The Athens, Ohio, native, played college baseball at Kent State and was very successful during a nine-year stint as the head man for the Golden Flashes........

If Alabama managed to convince themselves every game they play the entire season is in Hoover, they might be a Top 10 team. Between this start and last year’s showing, the Tide seem to show up come tournament time.

VN Store

Back