The Official PlayStation 5 Thread

I just got the Arctis 7P about a week ago and I like it so far. I wanted the Pulse headset but got impatient waiting for them to go back in stock.
I'm leaning towards the 9 series if I go Arctis

I'm leaning towards the 9 series if I go Arctis
I got the 7 because I really just wanted to be able to play at night and not wake the household up and also try out 3D audio. And not spend a ton of money. But I've been really impressed so far. If the performance of the 7 is any indication I think you'll really like the 9.

I got the 7 because I really just wanted to be able to play at night and not wake the household up and also try out 3D audio. And not spend a ton of money. But I've been really impressed so far. If the performance of the 7 is any indication I think you'll really like the 9.
I don't really need to update though. The Razer is compatible with the 3D sound. I just really want to go wireless.

Maybe the Razer BlackShark Pros ($20 cheaper than the Arctis 9)

Last edited:
I don't really need to update though. The Razer is compatible with the 3D sound. I just really want to go wireless.
I don't blame you. It would be hard for me to justify spending $200 for a wireless upgrade where it's just eliminating the cord from the headset to the controller. I had a wireless Turtle Beach already from....circa 2014...you had to plug in the stand/receiver to a power outlet and then run an optical audio from the stand to the TV, then you still had to plug the headphones into the charger with a micro USB blah blah blah. The first attempt at wireless console headphones was an interesting one to say the least.

I don't blame you. It would be hard for me to justify spending $200 for a wireless upgrade where it's just eliminating the cord from the headset to the controller. I had a wireless Turtle Beach already from....circa 2014...you had to plug in the stand/receiver to a power outlet and then run an optical audio from the stand to the TV, then you still had to plug the headphones into the charger with a micro USB blah blah blah. The first attempt at wireless console headphones was an interesting one to say the least.
Leaning towards the BlackShark V2 Pro at this moment. Got a $10 coupon so $169 is hard to pass up.

When playing in a party with some ps4 buds they’re getting an echo when I join on ps5. It seems to be a common problem after googling it online. I adjusted a lot of settings and turned the mic and headphone volume down as well as turning the controller mic all the way down to make it tolerable but it’s obviously a software issue. On another note it’s way more of a pain to access messages, friends list, and parties on ps5.

I have his set and the only drawback for me is the poor local dimming.....is pretty bad. If you arent playing in a dark room and you are mainly using this for gaming, you should be happy with it.

I’m looking to get the tcl 5 series just for the ps5. Seems to be a good bang for the buck tv with good gaming specs.

I’m looking to get the tcl 5 series just for the ps5. Seems to be a good bang for the buck tv with good gaming specs.
I dont know anything about TCL, but with any tv I would immediately go to rtings and see the breakdown for it. If you dont see it on rtings, then I would stay away unless someone is giving it to you.

I dont know anything about TCL, but with any tv I would immediately go to rtings and see the breakdown for it. If you dont see it on rtings, then I would stay away unless someone is giving it to you.

I already checked it out there. It’s one of the better rated 4K tvs for gaming with one of the lowest specs for input lag and a good response time.

When playing in a party with some ps4 buds they’re getting an echo when I join on ps5. It seems to be a common problem after googling it online. I adjusted a lot of settings and turned the mic and headphone volume down as well as turning the controller mic all the way down to make it tolerable but it’s obviously a software issue. On another note it’s way more of a pain to access messages, friends list, and parties on ps5.

Or your friends can just buy a PS5. Boom!! Problem solved!! Lol

Somewhat PS5 related, but: Has anyone used a wireless HDMI transmitter for PS4/5? Have mounted a TV and having a PS4 wire hanging defeats the purpose of the whole mount in the first place. I have a wireless display adaptor I use at work for mirroring my laptop, but I'm not sure if that would work for the PS4/5. If so, any brand that you like or would recommend?

Somewhat PS5 related, but: Has anyone used a wireless HDMI transmitter for PS4/5? Have mounted a TV and having a PS4 wire hanging defeats the purpose of the whole mount in the first place. I have a wireless display adaptor I use at work for mirroring my laptop, but I'm not sure if that would work for the PS4/5. If so, any brand that you like or would recommend?
No room to mount your PS4 behind the TV? My assumption is you probably thought about that already, but just checking.

No room to mount your PS4 behind the TV? My assumption is you probably thought about that already, but just checking.
I hadn't thought of that. At this point, having to remove the TV and drill into more brick isn't an option anyway. Was hoping for some input on the HDMI transmitter, but do appreciate the response.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to play any game with the additional lag.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
HideIt Mounts already has a wall kit for the PS5, just in case any of you don’t exactly have the room for it, or your girlfriend just really, really wants the mantle back. Merry Christmas, dear. Sigh.
E28EC519-1606-4558-9C2F-7664E9D6081E.jpegBF910728-B764-45D9-9666-48866755565F.jpeg

I got a LG 49” nano cell and it says I’m using an hdmi 2.0 cable so it can’t run 120hz but I’m using the hdmi that came with my ps5 so it should be 2.1

VN Store

Back